Rip off artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip off artist

Hey look at this great NOS hand brake lever. Only it appears to be a left hand lever on a right hand bracket. Doesn't quite look to be NOS either. Or maybe he is just showing it wrong.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1910-...item5ad9858fb8
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Gosh, Chris,

Tell us what you are absolutely certain is wrong with the piece before you slander the seller,
    With consideration of how bizarre VINs can be, a unique brake grip might well be real.

Face it: the damn grip was on the stupid side in the first place!
    Who likes rolling backwards from a stop on a hill!

Echo Sgt. Friday: "Just the facts, sir."

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-23-2010, 08:13 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

RIP OFF ARTIST?

It looks OK to me.

Pete Reeves 860
      Attached Files

Comment

You guys seem to have missed Chris's not so subtle point that this is the same seller as discussed in a previous thread that regularly sells re-packaged and reproduction parts as originals. And sells poorly re-printed literature as "Rare" original bits! It is more about the source, not the picture of the part as offered.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie!

I don't 'do' ebay (not even registered), but when I watch carb listings for information, its obvious that the bulk of it is over-the-top hype and mis-information. A lot of the mis-information is outright ignorance, not criminal deceit. (One predominant seller literally doesn't know the differences between a Linkert and a Schebler!)

And Chris!
          Are sure you aren't inadvertantly promoting the seller?
          Any attention is good attention to someone out to make a sale.

.....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-24-2010, 07:16 AM.
          AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
            Robbie!

I don't 'do' ebay (not even registered), but when I watch carb listings for information, its obvious that the bulk of it is over-the-top hype and mis-information. A lot of the mis-information is outright ignorance, not criminal deceit. (One predominant seller literally doesn't know the differences between a Linkert and a Schebler!)

And Chris!
            Are sure you aren't inadvertantly promoting the seller?
            Any attention is good attention to someone out to make a sale.

.....Cotten
            Tom, I got to agree with ya. Fleese-Bay is riddled with ignorance but this can also be to the buyers advantage if played out properly. Bob
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

There won't be any good back flow for that seller. He is to ignorant and mouthy to his ex customer base and any posible future customer base to boot. When a seller calls everyone an A hole for pointing out an issue with his items, he is nothing but a plain jerk. You don't see any other sellers mouthing off like he does. Behind his pc he has a battleship mouth and a rowboat a s s ......

Comment

So OK,
                We've established that the seller is an ebay creep.
                Its a pity that he is not here to defend or defeat himself.

I was hoping for a friendly arguement about the virtues of having the brake grip on the left with a left hand shift.
                (What were they thinking?)

....Cotten
                Last edited by T. Cotten; 05-24-2010, 11:01 AM.
                AMCA #776

Comment

So OK,

I was hoping for a friendly arguement about the virtues of having the brake grip on the left with a left hand shift.

....Cotten
                  My Chief has a brake lever on the right with a right hand shift, I think it is best to have the brake lever on the side that is not a throttle this way you can't accidently excelerate while braking.
                  Joe Oz

Comment

So OK,

....Cotten
                    Cotten,
                    Not an argument, but a couple of thoughts. In younger days I had a Pan with a "suicide" clutch, and unless you wanted to stay in gear and hold the clutch pedal down (not!), the front brake lever needed to be on the right bar. Rode a lot of miles that way, including San Francisco hills, with no problems. With a rocker clutch and left hand brake, I won't worry about hitting nuetral for a quick stop at a stop sign, but at a stop light on a hill sometimes a third hand would be nice! Ironically, the worst spot I encounter on a regular basis is my own driveway. Uphill gravel to the pavement, a rock outcrop to the left blocks the view of traffic untill your front wheel is almost to the pavement, ya hafta stop
                    Doug.
                    Doug McLaughlin #6607
                    NorCal, USA

Comment

Working...
                    X