Are there old bikes in Ireland ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there old bikes in Ireland ?

I'm going to Ireland for 3 weeks in July. Other than the obvious ( lined up 3 whisky tours and Guiness brewery) I would dearly love to see anything with old motorcycles and even possibly renting one for a day or two. Any ideas??
    Ross

Yes Ross my idea is, take me along. Sounds like fun.

Comment

Hi Ross:
      I have done the Irish Rally no less than nine times. It takes place in the south, near Killarney and Kenmare, south of Cork in late Aug. It is cut-off at 180 entries and is always full- pre 1960 is the era, but there are many veterans- pre-1915 participating. There are many other Irish events. There are lots of old bike collectors, museums, and great roads. What part are your visiting?
      Pete Gagan

Comment

Joe, my wife may not like a 3rd wheel but who knows. Pete, We're going all over from July 7th until about the 28th. Can't do the August run. Don't know one old bike stop and would love some concrete addresses if possible.An event during this time would be icing on the cake.
        Ross

Comment

Hey Ross my year is planed out already. Build the rally "Gray Ghost" bike, test run it and then off to the Cannonball run, nothing else this year for me. Tell momma she is ok I will pick another time to go to Ireland
          Joe

Comment

I think your plan is way more exciting
            Ross

Comment

Ask that question over at http://www.flatheadpower.com/tech/ . We have several Irish vintage bike owner members over there. Paps

Comment

Irish Indian Scene

There's a '14 Indian near the Ring of Kerry, and some young guys with Chiefs near Dublin. Don't have their contact info though.
                While attending the National Road Run in Ireland some years ago, one of our Clan suffered a mechanical malady on her Sport Scout. The Scout was leaned up against a hedge, while suitable replacement parts were sought after (the valve keepers wore away). Upon returning to the stricken Scout some hours later, a local asked if we were parking the bike there, for use on the ride next year! Like it would OK do leave it there!!!!!!!!!!
                Have fun in Ireland!
                RF.

Comment

Thanks Paps, I will. You too Red Fred. Keep those comments coming.
                  Ross

Comment

See if you can reach Ken Smith in PA. He has been there many times and knows many people there. His phone and/or email address should be in the 2008 roster.

Comment

Working...
                    X