Tribute for Toney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute for Toney

Where to begin… I sincerely, from the depth of my soul, want to thank everyone for the love, prayers, and offers of assistance throughout this difficult time. The outpouring of appreciation for this wonderful human being, whom I proudly called my partner, is so warmly received. The heartfelt cards and phone calls coming from all corners of the country, and even the world, moved Toney in a way that words cannot express. “Thank you” doesn’t seem quite adequate.
    In true Toney fashion, we will hold a celebration of his birth and life on June 4th (his birthday) at our home in Massillon, Ohio. We will then saddle up and ride to Florida the next day , where he wished to be thrown to the wind off the Daytona Beach Pier. It’s a place that he could always escape to, where he felt wild and free. This past February 18th, despite physical symptoms of his worsening illness, Toney braved the trip to Daytona on his ‘51 Chief Indian, feeling it might be his last. Anyone who is able and willing is more than welcome to join us on Toney’s very final ride. And every coming year during Bike Week and the Eustis meet, I hope the pier might act as a place of solitude which friends with lingering Indian questions might escape to in hopes of an answer. Or even just a hello and God Bless.
    Phone calls, though very appreciated, can be overwhelming as I am very emotional. Further details about these events will be posted.
    Debbie H.
    Last edited by kval; 05-12-2010, 03:00 PM.
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

We will miss him. A class act and a wealth of info about his beloved Indian motrocycles.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Toney Watson

Attached is a cool picture of Toney that Debbie gave me to post.

Know that she is having a "Celebration of Life" for Toney at their home in Massillon, Ohio on June 4 and then she is leading a memorial ride from Massillon, leaving about noon on Saturday, June 5 and riding to Daytona Beach. Their arrival date in Daytona will depend on their progress. Those who knew and loved Toney are welcome to join anywhere.

When there, "Chaplain Chad" will conduct a short service on the Daytona Pier and Toney's ashes will be cast into the sea, which was his desire.

For details, call Debbie at 330-904-3159 or send her an email at

debbee64@yahoo.com

Godspeed Toney.
      Attached Files

Comment

This was the only sad thing about the Denton meet. Whenever I saw Toney's brother Richard, or Rocky I could only imagine the pain and loss they are feeling. You have to admire their fortitude and inner strength; especially Richard, who stayed upbeat and pleasant to everyone. I guess, when you are surrounded by people who loved your brother so much, you have to feel good.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Eric--When I saw Rocky at the meet, he looked about as sad and beat down as anyone I have ever seen. It just has to be a bitch for him to lose his partner and it most certainly is a bitch for the rest of us Harley , Indian, and/or Henderson guys to lose such friend.--My regards go to his family--Michael--6671

Comment

I have to agree with you Michael. Rocky has a lot on his plate these days. Now, with the loss of Dick Winger the AMCA has a lot of healing to do. However, I think the Denton meet showed many of us how great our club is.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X