Reviving the Redskin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviving the Redskin

picked up this little bike at oley. the guy i bought it from said it was found about 10 miles from oley. he got it from an old lady who was selling off alot of her late husbands estate. mostly car stuff,but there was one motorcycle . this is the first indian i've had with a tranny , and i really like it. when i got the bike the only thing it was missing was the gas tank,but it did have a homemade gas tank that still had the original fittings in it. only problem was it didn't fit in the frame,and was kinda out of shape. luckily ziggy was at oley and had one really nice new gas tank. everything on the bike is in very nice shape, actually near perfect condition in some cases. very little of the OEM hardware is missing,and everything is surprisingly straight. very little wear on the sprockets. its got great compression ,and spark too. i'd sure like to thank steve for selling me an excellent machine ,and being a man of his word. also thanks to the old guy who stored this bike indoors for over 50 years.
    Last edited by jurassic; 04-30-2010, 10:45 PM.
    www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Very cool scoop........
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Beautiful bike!

Comment

Year and Model???

Comment

Indian find

Congratulations Lonnie, this would be just old enogh to compete in the Canonball run?

Sverre
            AMcN
            Http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
            And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
            This is a great theory.
            If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

the number has a G in it , so its a 1915. its a little different than in the catalog. first time i have seen a rear stand like that on a hedstrom bike. the 15 catalog only shows this stand on the single.one year only i think. but it doesn't show the single with fender skirts or a toolbox on top of the tank. also this bike appears to have the black japan finish on the wheels ,handlebars and trimmings. only the single offers this black finish option.

Comment

Indian 1915

Well I was not that far out after all then. I used to have a twin chassis from 15. I see this single cylinder dont have the casted rear rack as the twin did, cheaper maybe or lighter!

Did see some cool photos from inside your workshop at Jeff Deckers blog.

There ought to be some people getting stress soon in getting ready for your canonball run?

Kind regards
                Sverre
                AMcN
                http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
                And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                This is a great theory.
                If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

well it looks like, not everything ,was perfect on my new indian. anybody got an indian head for sale?

Comment

after some searching i was able to find a replacement head for the indian. nice shape too. everything on this bike was covered in grime ,which is good. reluctantly i cleaned off the grime and sorted out some of the minor problems. it all looks pretty solid. maybe next week i can fire it.

Comment

Working...
                    X