great oley meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great oley meet

Another excellent Oley meet.Met some more good folks and swaped many stories. Interesting development involving a very well known Indian Dealer and his Racer he campained for many years is worthy to be used as a shirt design to promote an AMCA National Meet a few years back but is not worthy to be judged at an AMCA Meet (not mentioning any names),because he and the bike are not "Factory Racers". At least that's what his sign seemed to suggest. The weather was great until Sat. night and the ultra rare Crockers on hand were very cool.

Oley is always a great meet, Great friends, great drinks, OK food but who cares? Oley has proven once again to be one of the premier meets on the AMCA schedule. My hat goes off to the chapter and their orginization--M

Comment

Originally posted by Paquette View Post
      Oley is always a great meet, Great friends, great drinks, OK food but who cares? Oley has proven once again to be one of the premier meets on the AMCA schedule. My hat goes off to the chapter and their orginization--M
      You had the meatballs too Mike? Lol! The venue at the fire station leaves something to be desired. We learned that lesson last year. It was a great weekend. My sons and I had a blast as always. No big sales but that’s a sign of the times. I figure that 75% of the buyers and sellers at Oley are in the trades. It’s self explanatory. I’m sorry I missed a lot of you but this year I really wanted to walk around as much as possible instead of being chained to the site. The boys are old enough to give me a break. We went over to the bar Friday night and caught the local forecast and made the decision to pack it in by 2:00 on Saturday afternoon. It a real bitch breaking down camp in the rain. Next year why don’t we all shoot for 1:00pm every day in front of the registration office? On a side note: When you get to Oley. Stop into the registration office and get a copy of the little white book. All venders are listed along with their site number. Bob L
      Last edited by Robert Luland; 04-25-2010, 07:39 PM.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

i stopped at the con ed tent kid said you were out.no biggie. i'll see you guys down south.
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Robert Luland - Sorry I missed you. We were at the Generator booth but, like you, I spent most of my time walking around. Hope to see you at Rhinebeck.

Bill Pedalino
          Bill Pedalino
          Huntington, New York
          AMCA 6755

Comment

just got home ( 12 hour drive ) great meet

picked a few things up for the indian, was told had tooooooooo much to drink at firehouse friday night - oh well

cant wait for " silent grey fellows " oley 2011

aka HAWG
            1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
            1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
            1940 indian chief military
            1965 sportster xlch
            1969 sportster xlch bobber
            1971 bsa A65 chopper
            1969 harley ss350 sprint
            1960 harley topper
            1963 harley topper
            H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
            H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
            1949 harley model 125 bobber project
            1959 harley model 165
            1960 harley super 10
            1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
            EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post

aka HAWG
              Ahhh silent gray's.
              Oley weather was near perfect and a good time was had,,, perogies anyone?
              Joe

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post

picked a few things up for the indian, was told had tooooooooo much to drink at firehouse friday night - oh well

aka HAWG
                i do believe i had toooooooooo much to drink most of friday.
                www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Enjoy.

AMCA #3149

Comment

It's hard to find good help these days.

Last edited by Robert Luland; 04-25-2010, 09:15 PM.
                    AMCA #3149

Comment

please pay no attention to the man under the blue tent burning one.
                      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                        What ? burning the blue tent ? I thought I caught a whif of canvas.

Comment

I didn't get much lookin around done. What lookin I had time for, I spent lookin for you folks. When I was lookin for you all, you were out lookin for all of us. I utilized the little booklet. Spent Wednesday night writing in names on spots. I realy like the idea of a meeting place for forum members. Say one per day, just in case some can't make the full meet schedule ? Paps

Comment

Originally posted by jurassic View Post
                            Too funny......... No attention paid. Looks like it was a great meet!!! Thanks for the pics Bob!!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Damn! Now I'm really kicking myself for not running over there this week end. I hope you saved some for Wauseon.
                              ------------
                              Steve
                              AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
                              X