Lost treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost treasure

Just stopped by Precision Cycle Works in Beltsville Md. to lay down some money for my Bonneville motor being rebuilt by the co-owners, Tom and ED.

The whole shop including showroom, workshop, and machine shop were destroyed by a gas leak and explosion. Out front were rusting piles of Indian and Old Harley frames, fenders and motors. They had a lot of great stuff there. Anyway, It is a terrible tragedy, and I mention it, not so folks will try to poach parts or turn into vintage vultures, but in case the locals on the site know Ed or Tom and wish to stop by or contact them to assist or offer kind words. Tom seems like a very honest businessman and great bike mechanic, and Ed is a phenomenal machinist and a heck of a nice guy. These guys are great "old school" rebuilders too.

I just lost the head for my 71 Bonneville and some other assorted parts. These two owners of the shop lost their livelihood. All you vintage riders and collectors lost some American treasures. Keep these two guys in your thoughts.

KMO-Ran--I feel their pain. My shop was broken into 3 weeks ago, and I thank GOD that no customer goods were stolen, only a bunch of hand tools, air compresser, etc. Just the stuff I need to carry on day to day business + a roll of horsehide that Mike Merling From Golden Age had sent down that I have to pay for--All in All, losses SUCK if it is from a thief or a fire or other ways. My thought are with them--Michael--6671

Comment

That is is terrible ! I really feel for them as well.

Michael, I hope they get the scumbags who hit you ! Crackheads most likely. This won't prevent you from attending Oley I hope ? Paps

Comment

Originally posted by Kmo-ran View Post
        Just stopped by Precision Cycle Works in Beltsville Md. to lay down some money for my Bonneville motor being rebuilt by the co-owners, Tom and ED.

The whole shop including showroom, workshop, and machine shop were destroyed by a gas leak and explosion. Out front were rusting piles of Indian and Old Harley frames, fenders and motors. They had a lot of great stuff there. Anyway, It is a terrible tragedy, and I mention it, not so folks will try to poach parts or turn into vintage vultures, but in case the locals on the site know Ed or Tom and wish to stop by or contact them to assist or offer kind words. Tom seems like a very honest businessman and great bike mechanic, and Ed is a phenomenal machinist and a heck of a nice guy. These guys are great "old school" rebuilders too.

I just lost the head for my 71 Bonneville and some other assorted parts. These two owners of the shop lost their livelihood. All you vintage riders and collectors lost some American treasures. Keep these two guys in your thoughts.
        I have been to Precision Cycles Works to talk with Tom and Ed about a basket chief I was considering. Very helpful and knowledgeable. They are in my area and I hope they can reestablish their shop.

Comment

Paps--Yes I still intend on going to Oley and finally get to meet you in person. hey dude I am just glad that you got the date right this year!!! LOL-- It is hard as a small businessman to take a $5000.00 hit due to A-Holes, Dip-S--ts, and asswholes but I can only hope they were crackheads and will eventually try to sell my stuff back to me. I am very well versed in"gun-fu" but would prefer to use my 35+ years of martial arts training to do a bit of practice and give them something to think about as they recover in jail. I am not a violent man but I do believe in "yen & yang", Karma, and those other things that control our universe so what goes around comes around---Michael

Comment

I'm with ya on the carma etc. Bro ! See ya at the meet !

Comment

Working...
            X