X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toney Watson / Visitors / Cards

Hi,

As many of you know, Toney Watson is dealing with liver disease and needs a liver transplant.

I just got off the phone with Debbee and she said that Toney would just love some company. If you'd like to visit, he's in Building G of the Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195. So many things are up in the air right now as to when he will be able to go home. If you'd like to send a card or letter, you can send it to their home address -

8552 Beatty St., NW
    Massillon, OH 44646

Thank you,
    Robin & Kim Markey

Wow! Thanks for the heads up Robin.

TR
    20scout

Comment

Suzanne and I went to visit Toney at the hospital today, had a good talk with him and Debbee. He's in good spirits and very, very yellow. Lost 85 pounds. Everything's up in the air until they get a liver biopsy tomorrow from several angles to see exactly what they're dealing with. Actually to get a liver transplant at all requires that you be a good candidate, and they're still trying to determine that. It's really early to make any decisions about anything.
      They're exploring several options of payment, if medicare is going to pay he has to have no more than $1500 to his name, therefore any fund raising for him needs to be done carefully so as not to upset the apple cart. He’s not being refused any treatment, the tab is being run and they’re still trying to figure out all the payment options. The Cleveland Clinic has an excellent patient advocate group that’s helping them find the best way. Debbee said that about 1/3 of liver transplant patients don’t have insurance.
      Keep your fingers crossed--

John Prusnek, VP
      Lake Erie Chapter, AMCA
      Last edited by spajohn; 04-11-2010, 09:38 PM.

Comment

We will keep them in our prayers & will donate when a way to do it is found.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie G View Post
          We will keep them in our prayers & will donate when a way to do it is found.
          i will do the same.

Comment

Toney has ALWAYS been there when I needed advice , parts , or help, He & Rocky, Are a GREAT Asset to this club, Wish him all the best, & pray it works out for him, Let us know when to help as he would for us
            Joe Oz

Comment

My prayers will be with and for him a true Gentleman that always made time for me no matter what !!

Comment

Please keep the forum posted on Toney's condition and progress.
                Sent him a card upon reading this thread.
                Praying for him daily.
                Johnny Whitsett
                AMCA # 8626

Comment

Hi,

Nothing has really changed, things are still a little bit up in the air. If we know something concrete, someone will let everyone know.

Thanks,
                  Kim
                  Last edited by Robin-M; 04-15-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Toney Watson is a First Class Man

It's great that this thread was started. The AMCA Texas Hill Country National Road Run just completed this week and Rocky shared Toneys situation with our event attendees. Toney is just always a first rate vintage enthusiast, a gentleman and a great friend to all.

Toney... You are in our Thoughts and Prayers daily.

Steve and Joan Klein
                    Georgetown, TX
                    Steve Klein
                    Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
                    American Pre-teens - 1965
                    AMCA Member 12176
                    Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
                    www.CherokeeAMCA.org
                    Steve@SteveKlein.com
                    Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Toney's condition

I'm just back from the Texas Road Run, where the Chesapeke Chapter went way above & beyond to put on a great event. I never heard one peep or hint of a complaint, it was fantastic. However, there was worry in the atmosphere due to Toney's condition. I roomed with Rocky, and Richard (Toney's brother), and both their phones were going non-stop with up-dates from the Watson Family.
                      It was very difficult to get the story straight, as Toney has been quite secretive of his condition, not letting the full story out to even some his own family. Sounds like it is the worst case scenario now. His condition worsened, so much so that he was accelerated to the emergency receipient list for a liver. During prep, two tumors were discovered on his bad liver. They were found to be cancerous, thus striking him from the list; He is not eligible for a liver now.
                      All this was an emotional roller coaster over the last week; His sudden slide down hill, the discovery of the tumors, the waiting of the biopsy reports, the family, etc......
                      Things are not looking very promising, and family is very distressed, and communications are very busy. From what I saw over this last week, well wishing cards would be the best thing, as Toney is not always reachable, and his voice has changed from the desease (he is somewhat sensitive about this). Debbie is going 200mph, and is well aware of everyone's well wishes, but we should probably leave her phone lines clear.
                      Richard & Toney just lost a brother last year, so the family is still very sensitive. Toney was released from the Hospital the other day, but he couldn't keep any food down while at home, so is probably re-entered into the hospital. He is very sick. Again, during this time, I feel that cards are our best form of communications to the family. I know that Rocky has been forwarding everything that comes to the shop.
                      All our thoughts are with him, RF.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Fred View Post
                        I'm just back from the Texas Road Run, where the Chesapeke Chapter went way above & beyond to put on a great event. I never heard one peep or hint of a complaint, it was fantastic.
                        RF.
                        Red Fred
                        that must have been quite a ride, you started out at the Cherokee Chapter run in Texas and ended up in Maryland at the Chesapeake Chapter
                        Kevin Valentine 13
                        EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Lost

Originally posted by kval View Post
                          Red Fred
                          that must have been quite a ride, you started out at the Cherokee Chapter run in Texas and ended up in Maryland at the Chesapeake Chapter
                          Oppps. Sorry Kevin, I get lost as soon as I cross that Oakland/Bay Bridge. Had a great time amongst the Blue Bonnets in Texas though (was lost the entire time too).
                          RF.

Comment

Fred,

Sorry to hear you received some incorrect information. Sometimes medical info is difficult to understand and more so if it's relayed through a few people. Toney is still very much a candidate for a liver. Those tumors you mentioned are small enough, they do not disqualify him. And he has been keeping food down for a few days.

He is in and out of the hospital for different tests and to keep his fluid levels up. It's a really rough time.

I would agree with you that cards are the best way to go right now, that way he knows you're thinking of him.

Kim Markey

Comment

spoke to toney today,sounded much better than sunday.he was sharp and worried about missing oley. thought everyone would like a good update

Comment

Working...
                              X