No announcement yet.

Vendors rated???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the thread be opened back up if it was not closed by some one that did not have the power to do so . If not can you tell us why ?
    I am not trying to start any thing Kevin it just seems to be the question that no one can just come out and ask .
    Jeff Bowles
    Arkansas
    Membership # 14023
    1957 Sportster

Comment

jmanjeff
      is there a need for it to be reopened, or has everybody said all they want
      Kevin Valentine 13
      EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Originally posted by kval View Post
        jmanjeff
        is there a need for it to be reopened, or has everybody said all they want
        There are a number of sides to each reproduction/aftermarket/replacement/factory part question. Have not bought from the vendor in question but have had, over the years, a good variety of purchased parts and even factory stuff which was incorrect in its dimensions, design, suitability. Aftermarket and offshore replica stuff can be a problem due to metallurgy, badly measured specification and just plain sloppy workmanship.

Some stuff I have had to purchase as either raw castings or semi-finished pieces in order to get on with a project and it has saved money - if not time - to do it that way.

I think the thread was of value but that some posters were too personal about the potential of conflict of interest with the issue of the Museum Foundation.

AFJ

Comment

It would have been a good thread if the Museum and Foundation stuff was not added, that should have thread all it's own in a different area if they want to take about ted as a vendor and his parts or ted and the museum start a new thread some where else . I know my self some of teds parts are ok and some are just piss poor
          Last edited by jmanjeff; 04-06-2010, 02:58 AM.
          Jeff Bowles
          Arkansas
          Membership # 14023
          1957 Sportster

Comment

I would like to point out that all was not negative in the original thread. If you were paying attention you learned as I did that while the sporty front fenders are junk, the rear is claimed to be a good piece. That's valuable information on the products being sold. Of course I have no doubt that these items good be handled one at a time in the appropriate forum either.
            Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Working...
            X