• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"
    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Maybe the club gave the new moderators job to Ted as part of the deal. Ted is that you???? Come on you can tell us.

Dave

Comment

The "Moderator's" profile says member since 1999. But I'll guess the "Moderator" can manipulate his profile as well as the General Forum.
        http://laughingindian.com/
        http://flatheadownersgroup.com/
        A.M.C.A. Member Since 1986

Comment

Originally posted by jmanjeff View Post
          I see this is your first post who are you how about a intro or are you one to hide behind the key board

I know Kevin Valentine was the one in charge
          Jmanjeff

Sorry for the delay in responding.
          I was out for dinner with the family for the holiday.
          Yes, you are correct when you stated that I am the person in charge of the forum.
          I have not now or in the past hidden my identity.
          It is posted in every AMCA magazine & on the AntiqueMotorcycle.com Website under meet your Director’s.
          My official title is AMCA forum webmaster.
          My responsibility is to approve members, block spammers, & warn people about questionable posts.
          I checked the forum list of registered AMCA members & “Moderator” is not a member.
          As in previous attempts of non-AMCA members (spammers) trying to post to the forum,
          I will attempt to block any future posts.
          Kevin Valentine 13
          EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Thanks for the reply kevin
            I hate to see some one that is not a member or a member that fells they need to hide and post that way. If you can not put your true name to some thing you should not say it , just how i was raised i guess
            Jeff Bowles
            Arkansas
            Membership # 14023
            1957 Sportster

Comment

That would beg the question ,"Who removed the thread in question" wouldn't it?
              Pete Cole AMCA #14441
              1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Originally posted by micmac View Post
                That would beg the question ,"Who removed the thread in question" wouldn't it?
                It was not removed
                Jeff Bowles
                Arkansas
                Membership # 14023
                1957 Sportster

Comment

Originally posted by kval View Post
                  Jmanjeff

Sorry for the delay in responding.
                  I was out for dinner with the family for the holiday.
                  Yes, you are correct when you stated that I am the person in charge of the forum.
                  I have not now or in the past hidden my identity.
                  It is posted in every AMCA magazine & on the AntiqueMotorcycle.com Website under meet your Director’s.
                  My official title is AMCA forum webmaster.
                  My responsibility is to approve members, block spammers, & warn people about questionable posts.
                  I checked the forum list of registered AMCA members & “Moderator” is not a member.
                  As in previous attempts of non-AMCA members (spammers) trying to post to the forum,
                  I will attempt to block any future posts.
                  Kevin et al.,

If "Moderator" was/is not an AMCA member, how could he/she have access to post to the Forum?
                  The other question is - Who "locked" the thread about Ted's parts, presumably to attempt to cut off further posts of an acrimonious and derogatory nature - that has to be someone with high level access?
                  Is there another moderator/forum keeper than Kevin within the AMCA and its contractors who locked that thread - or has the AMCA Forum been "hacked" by outsiders?

An inquiring mind would like to know. As Alice in Wonderland said, "Curiouser and curiouser."

AFJ

9:30 pm Monday April 5
                  Anybody else have trouble logging on to page 4 of this thread?
                  AFJ
                  11.55 pm thread continuing on page 4 now. AFJ
                  Last edited by AFJ; 04-05-2010, 10:58 PM. Reason: Added comment

Comment

Originally posted by jmanjeff View Post
                    It was not removed
                    My mistake, I think it took a vacation though, apoligies.
                    Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                    1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Originally posted by micmac View Post
                      My mistake, I think it took a vacation though, apoligies.
                      But it’s still locked! Same thing different vegetable!
                      AMCA #3149
                      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
                        Kevin et al.,

If "Moderator" was/is not an AMCA member, how could he/she have access to post to the Forum?
                        The other question is - Who "locked" the thread about Ted's parts, presumably to attempt to cut off further posts of an acrimonious and derogatory nature - that has to be someone with high level access?
                        Is there another moderator/forum keeper than Kevin within the AMCA and its contractors who locked that thread - or has the AMCA Forum been "hacked" by outsiders?

An inquiring mind would like to know. As Alice in Wonderland said, "Curiouser and curiouser."

AFJ
                        AFJ
                        that mystery guest could have been lurking for years. until I got mad at junk(sneakers for sale) put in the obituary section, one would just have to insert a username and password, there were no checks made. I asked to be put in charge of the forum, now when a person applies I get the request and verify that it is really a member, and they only have posting privileges.
                        Last edited by kval; 04-05-2010, 02:41 PM.
                        Kevin Valentine 13
                        EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Doesn't it puzzle you that this individual waited all this time to post and then chose that particular topic to post in though ? And yes... who did lock the topic ?
                          Last edited by kval; 04-05-2010, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
                            Doesn't it puzzle you that this individual waited all this time to post and then chose that particular topic to post in though ? And yes... who did lock the topic ?
                            no it does not puzzle me at all, that is how I caught the last one. after the identity had been dorment for 3 years, they posted garbage on the list.
                            because there were no checks made back then, some people made up more then one identy and if they knew computers set themselves up with moderator privileges. the way the system works they do not appear as a member until they post, which made it hard to find them. hopefully I have now found all of them.
                            Kevin Valentine 13
                            EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Kevin...You won't find them all until you check each and everyone one of them individually. That takes a whole lot of time. About who locked the topic....you do not know ? Whether you know or not....do you know why ?

Comment

Originally posted by Paps View Post
                                Kevin...You won't find them all until you check each and everyone one of them individually. That takes a whole lot of time. About who locked the topic....you do not know ? Whether you know or not....do you know why ?
                                Paps
                                I have been doing that for over a year now. whoever that was, they must have done it. I have an idea who but will not say(not sure)
                                Kevin Valentine 13
                                EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Working...
                                X