Vendors rated???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendors rated???

Well I see the thread in Vendors rated re: Teds repop parts has been closed. So I guess it's fair game for folks to give their opinions of some peoples quality, workmanship and business practices as long as their operation and ads are small. Don't pick on someone whom we all know has real quality control issues, especially when they run two full pages of ad copy in every magazine, and make some sort of donation to the foundation to help boost their sales farther. I really don't care if V-twin advertises in the magazine or not. I don't care if they gave a bazillion dollars to the foundation. Everybody should be fair game for a topic of discussion in vendors rated. Isn't that the purpose, to rate vendors, good or bad. If Tedd is unhappy with what is being said, he should do as the smaller vendors have and change his practices or suffer the consequences. He's a big boy and doesn't need a moderator to protect him. Maybe he should do as the smaller vendors do and reply in person to some of the complaints being made about his operation on these boards. That is if he is even a club member.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

I agree 100%
    I've been a Tedd's dealer for quite awhile and they do have a large niche supplying older parts and non-standard parts. Quality on several of their own manufactured parts leaves alot to be desired.
    Member# 7397

Comment

Brian
      Thanks for bringing this back to light.
      1st they moved my original thread from chatter to vendors rated.
      That was OK, because that is where it really belonged.
      Closing it I guess is politics ( BAD POLITICS )
      And as some might say, the capitols looks like I'm shouting.
      Jim

Comment

A simple case of Censorship at its best. Vendors rated is for dealerships of said major corporation. If a dealership eats a bad rap and looses busness, said major corporation can always send the business to the next dealer in line.

Comment

I'm still looking for the "Customers Rated" section.

....Cotten
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

magazine ad

That two page ad in the magazine is Wyatt Gatling from Dover, Delaware (an authorized V-twin dealer).
            DrSprocket

Comment

Too bad you weren’t the moderator when Heilman saddles took a beating off & on for 6 pages. Or is the rule 3 continuous pages of complaints? What’s the page rule for praising a vendor? Can anyone tell me what’s the rule on failed museum attempts or does that go by money losted? I really would like to know.
              Regards Dave

Comment

As a newer member, alot of this stuff I've been witness to the past several weeks is begining to trouble me. It is really plain to see that an attempt to censor the membership on several levels is in play.
                Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                1947 Indian Chief

Comment

repop

working on antique and classic cars for a living ,the repop car parts ,be it trim or sheetmetal is no different then the motorsickle stuff ... it all needs tweeking to work . what gets me is these car shows on tv showing ya how they order a pallet full of aftermarket stuff to restore a car in 30 minutes . half of it is junk , an the original parts sometimes need to be used . my point is if its aftermarket plan on spending a lil time on making it all fit or step up + spend the coin on original parts and refurbish 'em. just quit whinning about it an deal with it

Comment

hello mr moderator happy easter. thanks for joining us.how about a little introduction?
                    rob ronky #10507
                    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

This some club I belong to? Under table deals, books that don't get opened to the membership, money squandered like it's coming out of a faucet and now sensorship on the forum to protect the person thats at the center of most of the controversy. Did I mention a new moderator with no name hiding in the shadows. This just keeps getting better by the day. Bob L
                      Last edited by Robert Luland; 04-04-2010, 05:09 PM.
                      AMCA #3149
                      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by flthead View Post
                        it all needs tweeking to work
                        i never do that before working on my bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by moderator
                          after 3 pages, everybody should have gotten the idea. it was time to get on with other things!!
                          Perhaps other people have different thoughts than yours.
                          Be sure to visit;
                          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

THE LAST THING I BOUGHT FROM TAIWAN TEDD. I DIDN'T RETURN IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT A CREDIT FIRST OR SECOND KICK DID THIS. I AM RUNNING MY BEST USED ONE GENUINE HARLEY 50 YEARS OLD AND STILL GIVING GOOD SERVICE

Comment

Originally posted by moderator
                              after 3 pages, everybody should have gotten the idea. it was time to get on with other things!!
                              I see this is your first post who are you how about a intro or are you one to hide behind the key board

I know Kevin Valentine was the one in charge
                              Jeff Bowles
                              Arkansas
                              Membership # 14023
                              1957 Sportster

Comment

Working...
                              X