1926-1934 info of harley singles racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1926-1934 info of harley singles racers

Looking for any leads as to how I can find info as to what racer, raced,what motor for H-D peashooter singles,between 1926 and 1934.
    guys like,Joe Petrali,Eddie Brinck,Jim Davis etc.....
    trying to match rider with engine number
    thanks !
    Ken S., # 6457
    1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
    1954-H-D Panhead

Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
    Looking for any leads as to how I can find info as to what racer, raced,what motor for H-D peashooter singles,between 1926 and 1934.
    guys like,Joe Petrali,Eddie Brinck,Jim Davis etc.....
    trying to match rider with engine number
    thanks !
    On the local SE Wisconsin scene Squibby & Stinky Davis raced Peashooters. No serial number data tho. Wish there were. Photo of S.D. on one in 1930-41 book. That was out of Knuth's shop. Squib still had some a few Peashooter parts when I knew him. Squib was a Lone Star Rider, again, out of Knuths.

There was a short period when Harley riders were using Peashooters for slant shooting before H-D fielded a 45" hillclimber. Squib was riding a cinder track (speedway?) single when he lost his foot. That was around 1935, I think. Wish I knew more.
    Herbert Wagner
    AMCA 4634
    =======
    The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

racer data

Originally posted by HarleyCreation View Post
      On the local SE Wisconsin scene Squibby & Stinky Davis raced Peashooters. No serial number data tho. Wish there were. Photo of S.D. on one in 1930-41 book. That was out of Knuth's shop. Squib still had some a few Peashooter parts when I knew him. Squib was a Lone Star Rider, again, out of Knuths.

There was a short period when Harley riders were using Peashooters for slant shooting before H-D fielded a 45" hillclimber. Squib was riding a cinder track (speedway?) single when he lost his foot. That was around 1935, I think. Wish I knew more.
      Herb,
      any photo's around that show these 2 on peashooters?
      Ken S., # 6457
      1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
      1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
        Herb,
        any photo's around that show these 2 on peashooters?
        There is one in my 1930-41 book showing Stinky on a 21 Single holding a small victory banner. Another shows Squib, Herb Reiber, and Stan McClintock with one with a fairly good shot of motor and tank. Possibly others. Not sure.
        Herbert Wagner
        AMCA 4634
        =======

Comment

singles racers

There is one in my 1930-41 book showing Stinky on a 21 Single holding a small victory banner. Another shows Squib, Herb Reiber, and Stan McClintock with one with a fairly good shot of motor and tank. Possibly others. Not sure.
          Herb,
          sent sent you PM,if they are not available,where can I get the book or books to see photo,I have also contacted Joe Dobners grandson Dave,to see if he has any info.
          Ken S., # 6457
          1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
          1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Title of book with 21 OHV photos mentioned is: "Harley-Davidson 1930-41: Revolutionary motorcycles and those who rode them" (Schiffer Ltd, 1996). It is still available.

PM'd you back.
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======

Comment

"Harley-Davidson 1930-41: Revolutionary motorcycles and those who rode them"

That is easily one of the best books on motorcycles and in my personal top 5 favorite motorcycle books. . . . . This has been an unsolicited testimonial.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post

That is easily one of the best books on motorcycles and in my personal top 5 favorite motorcycle books. . . . . This has been an unsolicited testimonial.
                That settles it! I've been tossing around the idea of finding a copy but now I'm going to get off my butt and find one!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Ok ! OK! I bought the book!

Originally posted by badger34
                  Ken, sorry I have nothing for you on peashooter's.

I will also chime in and say that..

..is my favorite book thus far because of the H-D employee & Milwaukee club info. I know these are the folk's that my grandparents rode with and enjoyed their machines with!
                  Guys ,from your referals I went online and bought the book,
                  Ken S., # 6457
                  1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                  1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. That helps because you never know if anybody cares what old timers thought or did. Mostly the people in that 1930-'41 book are all gone now. But I have a bunch more interviews of more recent guys (including Ken's dad) if I ever get the opportunity to take things up into the Panhead years.
                    Herbert Wagner
                    AMCA 4634
                    =======

Comment

40's - 50's material if you do another book

Thanks for the kind words. That helps because you never know if anybody cares what old timers thought or did. Mostly the people in that 1930-'41 book are all gone now. But I have a bunch more interviews of more recent guys (including Ken's dad) if I ever get the opportunity to take things up into the Panhead years.
                      Herb,
                      If you get around to doing a book covering 1940's to 1950's riders I have close to 600 photos of m/c clubs,3 clubs from Wisc.,incl. my Dads club.
                      These have never been published before. I also have 13 original shirts from 40-50 era.
                      Ken
                      Ken S., # 6457
                      1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
                      1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Working...
                      X