Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The oddball Har-Dav Serial Number thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi Herp,
    now I think you gonna drop the bottle of bier...
    A shame that I cant tell about it here,apparently are there many from denmark ,which follows this thread.Sow I cant post what I have fund,before it sits in my driveway.
    Herp I will send you a pm about it......

Comment

Originally posted by glaser 31 View Post
      hi Herp,
      now I think you gonna drop the bottle of bier...
      A shame that I cant tell about it here,apparently are there many from denmark ,which follows this thread.Sow I cant post what I have fund,before it sits in my driveway.
      Herp I will send you a pm about it......
      You're tempting us something mighty here. Whatever you found it must be some real sweet baby. When it sits in your driveway please report back and give us all the details. I will hold on tight to my beer.
      Herbert Wagner
      AMCA 4634
      =======
      The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

"l-13074-m"

This one comes off another thread but I'm copying it here for the record.

H-D motor number: "L-13074-M"

The "L" prefix stands for "Electric model"
        The "M" suffix stands for model year 1916
        13074 is the sequential motor number

In addition, this motor could have been used in one of three models:

16J = Kickstart w/3-speed (domestic)
        D-16J = Double-pedal starter w/3-speed (domestic)
        F-16J = Kickstart w/3-speed (foreign)
        Herbert Wagner
        AMCA 4634
        =======

Comment

Would this motor also be correct for a md. 16JS Twin Three Speed Electric (Sidecar) and maybe some of the electric md. Commercial stuff. What do the bottom number mean? The bottom numbers on that 15 Dodge motor case?

Comment

Originally posted by marsh1915hd View Post
            Would this motor also be correct for a md. 16JS Twin Three Speed Electric (Sidecar) and maybe some of the electric md. Commercial stuff. What do the bottom number mean? The bottom numbers on that 15 Dodge motor case?
            No, "L-13074-M" would NOT be correct for an original Model 16-JS sidecar rig. The correct stock motor would be stamped "L-13074-MS"

To convert your "M" motor to a sidecar motor, the Factory would have installed sidecar pistons and then stamped the letter "S" into the cylinder number. For example, a cylinder stamped "R 2" would become "RS2."

Can you tell us how your cylinders are marked?

I don't know anything special about the bottom numbers except both crankcase halves should have the same number to be a matching set.
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======

Comment

Working...
            X