Buzz's new ride....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz's new ride....

I also found this tonight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AftSnTJk8U Buzz....ya got me green with envy! That's one cool machine you've got there. I see we're left in suspense for now on it's running condition!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
    I also found this tonight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AftSnTJk8U Buzz....ya got me green with envy! That's one cool machine you've got there. I see we're left in suspense for now on it's running condition!
    Well, here's a bit of detail. Shot that video (and some more) on Friday and posted is Friday night. Now you have it loaded here a day later.

Yes, we did get it to fire off but it wouldn't idle or run right as it sat. We swapped out a carb, fiddled with it a bit and messed with the timing and it ran strong. Then we tore the engine down to checking and a rebuild. The top had been off before, but it is possible the cases might not have been split since new.

Should make a great ride for the Motorcycle Cannonball in a few months.
    Buzz Kanter
    Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
    [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
    [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

Please post a video of it firing up if you have the time.

Comment

15 Blues

Originally posted by Buzz Kanter View Post
        Well, here's a bit of detail. Shot that video (and some more) on Friday and posted is Friday night. Now you have it loaded here a day later.

Yes, we did get it to fire off but it wouldn't idle or run right as it sat. We swapped out a carb, fiddled with it a bit and messed with the timing and it ran strong. Then we tore the engine down to checking and a rebuild. The top had been off before, but it is possible the cases might not have been split since new.

Should make a great ride for the Motorcycle Cannonball in a few months.

Buzz....Thanks for posting the video. I sold my freshly and very correctly restored 15 shortly before the Cannonball announcement and have been in a funk since about it. May have a part or two laying around if you need anything to keep it on the road this fall.

All The Best

Steve Klein
        AMCA Member 12176
        Cherokee Chapter
        Georgetown TX
        Steve@SteveKlein.Com
        Steve Klein
        Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
        American Pre-teens - 1965
        AMCA Member 12176
        Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
        www.CherokeeAMCA.org