No announcement yet.

who has photos of eustis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they still make them but are considered re-pops and therefore by new judging rules -6 points or is that a dis qual? Some of the fastners are plated wrong and the arm rests have the wrong date codes but if you glass bead the frame and use a one coat paint with clear magic marker over the decals you might be OK???? I am so confused

Comment

Check before you blast

Hey Louie,

Before you bead blast the frame.........research what grit of Glass bead should be used for that year frame texture as for the arm rest's theres a guy in Iowa that makes the correct arm rest's BUT don't quote me on this now, I believe that your arm rest's are a one year only option kinda pricey but good quality work.

Knuckcrazy, your son took some nice pix.......nice lookin bike you have there Louie
      Chuck
      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Dear Chris and Jerry, I was in the judging teams for the 1929 JD and the 1934 VL you commented about on Buzz Kanter's Website.

For 1929, we have Shop Dope 423 of April 9, 1928 titled New Enameling Prices. It shows a standard optional color of Azure Blue, which that bike could have been. It also says 'for all other colours except cream or white add 60% to standard color prices. For cream or white add 80%.' So there was an any color option around at the time, even if the bike is not Azure Blue. The striping was correct on that bike and it took no points deduction on the paint.

On the 1934 VLD in Orlando Orange and Black, I go on Terry Adreon's unrestored 34VD1795 which was dropped after 1800 miles and then stored. This shows the white, cream or buff dividing stripe which could be the Harley striping color called Florentine. If anybody out there has a paint sample I'd love to see it. The 1936 Maroon and Nile Green also seems to use this striping color, based on an original paint tank I've seen. While gold was the most popular striping color in the VL years, you can also see vermilion on Rich Schulz's original paint Egyptian Ivory/Brown 35VLD, and black striping on the original paint 1935 silver/blue bike in the Harley museum. The '34 at Eustis took no points deduction on the paint.

Comment

Working...
        X