Who's our new Chief Judge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's our new Chief Judge?

Sorry for the double post, I see this is being discussed here already.
    Last edited by Ohio-Rider; 02-28-2010, 09:08 AM. Reason: Duplication
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

If I heard correctly it was a power play orchestrated by Steve Slocombe.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

i thought he lived in england??? WTF? this is antique motorcycle club of america

Comment

Jeez. I didn't join for this kind of sh!t. Must I resign so soon?? No wait--- I want to hear the three sides of the story first.

Comment

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
          i thought he lived in england??? WTF? this is antique motorcycle club of america
          In all fairness Steve is a very active member. The UK may be his home but he seems to spend a lot of time here. The AMCA also has European Chapters.
          Be sure to visit;

Comment

Geographics shouldn't be the issue here.
            There are a great many enthusiasts around the planet with vintage American motorcycles. Splitting hairs on the meaning of the name would be pointless.

The real issue is that sanctioned judging has become a pearl tossed about, and about to be crushed under foot in the scuffle.

The historical failure of the the Club has has been to reinforce the intent and meaning of its own judging system.
            To this day, it is still overwhelmed by a trophy-I-beat-you mentality, in spite of no machine-upon-machine competition written into it at all!

Amidst this confusion, we make harsh feelings,...
            over our toys, of all things.

....Cotten
            AMCA #776
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

believe me i understand where you're coming from but it seems like we are too preconditioned to being politically correct on ALL issues to the extent that we are diluting our brand of AMERICA and AMERICAN. maybe i have been living in the south too long but if our top judge is living in england why not call it the ANTIQUE MOTORCYCLE CLUB and leave it at that? the last thing i would ever do is put anyone down for who they are or where they live. but i just like being an AMERICAN. all my ancestors are from england but i don't want to be a member of the european chapter. so does this make be a bad person??? i'm just saying'

Comment

Don't worry Flat. The new Chief Judge is from Iowa.
                Be sure to visit;

Comment

believe me i understand where you're coming from but it seems like we are too preconditioned to being politically correct on ALL issues to the extent that we are diluting our brand of AMERICA and AMERICAN. maybe i have been living in the south too long but if our top judge is living in england why not call it the ANTIQUE MOTORCYCLE CLUB and leave it at that? the last thing i would ever do is put anyone down for who they are or where they live. but i just like being an AMERICAN. all my ancestors are from england but i don't want to be a member of the european chapter. so does this make be a bad person??? i'm just saying'
                  I echo your sentiments. I'd have the same sediments if I lived in another nation instead.

Comment

I'm a dyed in the wool Canadian just like you're a proud American. I don't think there's anything wrong with being proud of one's country. I think that's the way it's supposed to be....

P.S. (If it ever came to it I'd say leave America on the membership card. I mean jeez......didn't it all start down south? Aren't we really all about tradition?)
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

thank you all for not trashing my comments. i almost kept my mouth shut but it seemed like the right thing to say. i was born in maine and canada is like a second home to me. if i ever had to relocate that is where i'd go. i hope i get to ride the cabot trail and the gaspe penninsula one more time. prince edward island is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                        Don't worry Flat. The new Chief Judge is from Iowa.
                        i think i met him once----looks like things are headed in the right direction as far as rules go. we'll know a lot more when all is made public like rooster says

Comment

Dear Guys, Steve Dawdy from Iowa is our new Chief Judge, not me. Apologies if we're a bit over-Steved in the judging area. I'll comment about the new judging rules in the other posting area.

Comment

AMCA Judging

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                            Geographics shouldn't be the issue here.
                            There are a great many enthusiasts around the planet with vintage American motorcycles. Splitting hairs on the meaning of the name would be pointless.

The real issue is that sanctioned judging has become a pearl tossed about, and about to be crushed under foot in the scuffle.

The historical failure of the the Club has has been to reinforce the intent and meaning of its own judging system.
                            To this day, it is still overwhelmed by a trophy-I-beat-you mentality, in spite of no machine-upon-machine competition written into it at all!

Amidst this confusion, we make harsh feelings,...
                            over our toys, of all things.

....Cotten
                            AMCA #776
                            Tom & all,
                            Rest assured that there is no competition against bikes on the same judging field. They all start off with 100pts, and then compared to how they were from the factory. Each & every bike can take home an award. The jist of the AMCA Judging (one of the many facets the club contains) is to provide a real example of our machines to provide for future reference. It is important to maintain an example of how the machine came from the factory. It is our responsibility to uphold an example, for future generations to view, understand, and reference. Sure, restored stockers may not be everyone's cu of tea, but it is still an important part of our motorcycling history.
                            I parallel this to the '32 Ford Coupe (duece Coupe). 98% of which are hot rodded in some way. I think it is very important to preserve some as strictly stock for future reference. It is up to us to uphold a strict, and exacting criteria for such preservations. Judging is not a means of being popular, or winning friends. It is a thankless job, but hopefully, as a result, the future of our machines can be better realized, and enjoyed.
                            RF.

Comment

Well said.

Comment

Working...
                              X