New Jersey Shipping Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Shipping Nightmare

Back in November I sold Dick Shappy 4 Bosch twin magnetos. They were sent properly packed with tracking numbers by post office. They reached the New Jersey sorting station and then disappeared until only one of the four showed up at Dick's 2 months later. The others long gone. Last year Scott Dell sent me a set of JAP cases from New Jersey. One case half was missing as the remains of the box arrived looking like it was used for football practice. 3 weeks ago I sent a rare 1914 harley petcock out and the USPS service tracking says it reached .... you guessed it New Jersey. on the 27th of January and has disappeared. Sounds to me like Tony Soprano is running this joke called the US Postal System. I am using FEDEX much more often these days.

are you payed up to date on your nj postal tax?
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I've never heard of a "postal tax" . Is that similar to "protection money" in mafia land ?

Comment

I send everything Fed-X ground. If you ever saw the size of the Kearny NJ sorting facility. It's nothing more than a giant meat grinder. This place has distroyed more of my stuff than I care to remember. The only problem with fed-X is they charge about a $7.00 weekly service charge when you use you on-line account. Still worth it if it means getting it there in one piece. At least someone has to sign for it. At least they don't charge for that like the PO does. There insurance rates are also cheaper. Bob L
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Same happened to me. Was shipped a seat from the West coast. Never came, never came. Tracking said it was picked up from the origination, and that was it. About a month passed and it still wasn't here. Called to complain. I actually got someone live that gave me their name and a number to call back for status in another 2 weeks if it didn't arrive. I called back and they started a trace. Last stop - you guessed it. Nowhere to be found. She asked for photos, dimensions, etc. Said she was going to initiate an internal trace/audit. She made it sound like they have had some issues and there was some special thing going on. Said they would contact me or I could call in another two weeks if I didn't hear from them. She actually did call back to let me know they were still tracing/looking.

Anyway - it finally arrived on my step. Now this was a big box. Lucky it was packed well. They put it in a BIG clear plastic bag tied on one end. It looked like it was through the war. Big oil stains and dirt on the outside and kicked in in places. It also smelled like heck (the box).

It seemed to me that it fell off a conveyor or something and was underneath machinery getting dripped on an kicked by feet passing by or working right above.

Weird.

I've had FEDEX destroy stuff, but they haven't lost anything of mine yet.
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

You can thank the "Welfare to Work" program for putting crack heads to work in high paying government jobs. Used to be mostly vets at the USPO
            Pete Cole AMCA #14441
            1947 Indian Chief

Comment

there is only 3 people left in nj dick shappy robert luland and nick muth. nj.taxes everthing. i just figured they have a postal tax. if you move out of nj they have an exit tax.
              rob ronky #10507
              www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I admit to not doing volume shipping, but over the years
                I have rec'd what amounts to a fair pile...I have been very lucky.

I rec'd a rim assembly from a fellow in SoCal, took weeks to arrive
                and was well battered. I try to use USPS, though.

I am ready to send UL cyls to a shop for weld repair to exhaust port...
                I want to use 5 gal plastic bucket .... probably FedX...

damn, I hate to think of a shipping issue...it's
                hard enough to get the decent repair arranged
                # 5844

Comment

[QUOTE=micmac;91180]You can thank the "Welfare to Work" program for putting crack heads to work in high paying government jobs. Used to be mostly vets at the USPO

I resent that! Why I’ll have you know NJ's crack heads are the finest over paid pieces of **** in the county!

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                  there is only 3 people left in nj dick shappy robert luland and nick muth. nj.taxes everthing. i just figured they have a postal tax. if you move out of nj they have an exit tax.

The other day there was an article in the local rag about how New Jersey had the highest amount of rich people than any other state. It went on to say they were leaving in droves. White flight to say the least ruins whole townships. sad. Me, I have nothing to fear. I already live in the ghetto!
                  AMCA #3149
                  http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by micmac View Post
                    You can thank the "Welfare to Work" program for putting crack heads to work in high paying government jobs.
                    I thought they got voted into office??

Comment

[QUOTE=Robert Luland;91198]
                      Originally posted by micmac View Post
                      You can thank the "Welfare to Work" program for putting crack heads to work in high paying government jobs. Used to be mostly vets at the USPO

I resent that! Why I’ll have you know NJ's crack heads are the finest over paid pieces of **** in the county!

The other day there was an article in the local rag about how New Jersey had the highest amount of rich people than any other state. It went on to say they were leaving in droves. White flight to say the least ruins whole townships. sad. Me, I have nothing to fear. I already live in the ghetto!
                      Robert, I was speaking of the USPS in general. Although I do ride with a postman, I have never seen him smoke crack, so I perhaps could've used a better analogy. They wonder why they are going broke. E-mail and Fed-Ex
                      Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                      1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Working...
                      X