• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New book!

The Evolution of the Harley-Davidson Motorcycle

Historic First Year Motorcycles: 1911-1965

By George J Pardos MD, Larry George, $28

I realize its early, but anybody care to offer a review.
    I saw it while checking World Wide. Regardless, good for Mr. Pardos, he's published!

BTW It's great to see the majority of links working in that site.
    Last edited by rashd; 01-30-2010, 11:45 AM. Reason: an afterthought
    # 5844

It took me awhile to figure this one out but when I went to check out "George's" it became crystal clear...... Now I finally know who George is........

http://georgesantiquemotorcycletrader.com/
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

Thank you. I wasn't finding this publication anywhere. ...bill in oregon
      https://www.createspace.com/3423476
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. just ordered a copy, looks good. I like the fact that it refers to AMCA judging and points in the supporting information.
        Last edited by rbenash; 02-03-2010, 07:14 AM.
        Ray
        AMCA #7140

Comment

Got my copy today. Briefed thru it quickly. Since my HD is a '65 went there directly. Not impressed so far with the book. Of course I would have bough it anyway. But first/very early impression is that the photos of bikes selected might not be the best examples. Certainly not for the '65. I skimmed looking for something that was going to address what was incorrect in the photo example but it didn't jump out. First impression for the one I looked at is that photo's were selected and then the general new release/model info is inserted that I've seen a bunch of times before.

Going to give the book a real chance though. Just be aware that at first glance, to me at least this isn't a real in depth view of the significant models that we haven't read before. I'l be sure to recant as I get more time with it as warranted.
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
          X