Anyone recognize this part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone recognize this part?

A buddy has a small stack of these. We can't identify it. Possibly some accessory item by Nation-Bilt or Superior but I have no literature from either to verify. It's 4 1/8 inches OD, the centre hole is 1 1/2 inch ID. Thanks in advance for any input ... Perry
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 01-29-2010, 08:24 PM.

That's a nice piece. Goes on the brake side of a springer. I've got one on my bike, but I like to have one for my other bike,
    Regards Dave
    Forgot to mention on a Harley, fits nice & tight. one hole is for zerk fitting other is the drain. Really is a pretty cool piece. But that's why I like it.
    Last edited by BNSONS; 01-29-2010, 09:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention

Comment

Is the cover made of stainless steel? Could I be second in line to obtain a couple from the stack?
      Joe

Comment

Cool Perry.
        I want one!
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I will take two. Thanks
          AMCA #3149
          http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I have one on my '41 and one with the holes, just plain chrome (you see those all the time) on the other side over the hub. I would love to have two also!
            Lonnie Campbell #9908
            South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Originally posted by BNSONS View Post
              That's a nice piece. Goes on the brake side of a springer. I've got one on my bike, but I like to have one for my other bike,
              Regards Dave
              Forgot to mention on a Harley, fits nice & tight. one hole is for zerk fitting other is the drain. Really is a pretty cool piece. But that's why I like it.
              Dave - thanks very much for identifying this part. I was thinking hub cap of some sort but it never occurred to me to think brake side. Interesting.

Originally posted by Slojo View Post
              Is the cover made of stainless steel? Could I be second in line to obtain a couple from the stack?
              Joe
              Joe - It's magnetic and it looks like chrome so I assume just plated steel.

All - wow I'm amazed at the response! When I said my buddy had a small stack I meant like three or maybe four tops, not twenty. Now that he knows where it goes I suspect he can find homes for all of them on his own bikes. I will be lucky to end up with one.

Not content with losing my shirt making the 47 speedo light sockets should I try and lose my pants too by making a small batch of these? Would y'all still be interested if it was repro? ... Perry

Comment

My buddy's main ride is a 41 EL and we put one on it today. Here's some before and after pictures. He had a hubcap on the star side already and this is essentially the same OD and matches it perfectly. Looks sharp! ... Perry
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Perry Ruiter; 01-30-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

For those that wanted one, someone (not me) is reproducing these hubcaps ... Perry

Comment

Put my name on a couple. Let me know the price.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
                    X