Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA Library Service

G'day fellas.
    Just been looking at the library downloads specifically for Vincent information, and there's none listed. In fact, there's next to nil British bikes provided for.
    Why wouldn't the AMCA have any info on British bikes as there were so many brought into the US, and they even set World speed records there.
    This isn't meant as a complaint against the AMCA, just an observation.
    Are British Marque owners less generous with their publications that they won't share them with the members (i.e offer to have manuals etc scanned) unlike the American Marque owners??? Or are there just so few members of this organisation that are British bike owners?
    It's possibly the same as the British produced bike mags focusing on the British product, and the American primarily focusing on the American product.
    Interesting.

Ken
    Last edited by Baytown; 01-30-2010, 02:33 PM.
    Ken Kemp
    Nth Queensland
    AUSTRALIA
    Member # 8756

47 Chief
    2006 BMW K1200S
    Getting seriously interested in Vincent
    2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
    SYM 125 Scooter

Us Brit-bike folks seem to be the red-headed stepchildren of the AMCA, for data I would suggest that you talk to the folks at the VOC or Ron Kemp. Incidentally I got wound-up when I saw your username as I live very close to Baytown, Texas.

Good luck.

Unclviny
    AMCA #9037
    www.vinceandersononline.com
    1973-1/2 LWB BMW R75/5
    1971 Norton Commando
    1952 Triumph TRW
    1936 BMW R2

Comment

I would expect you gents are donating copies of what you have.
      Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

G'day Vince.
        Thanks for the tip. I'll look them up. I've recently joined up to a few Vincent web groups and ordered a few books from Amazon. I'm developing an interest in these bikes after having a locally owned Black Shadow displayed beside my 47 Chief at a recent show.
        Re Baytown, I used to live in a street called Baytown Close at a little coastal town in Oz years ago.

Best wishes mate.

Ken
        Ken Kemp
        Nth Queensland
        AUSTRALIA
        Member # 8756

47 Chief
        2006 BMW K1200S
        Getting seriously interested in Vincent
        2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
        SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

Working...
        X