No announcement yet.

cannonball kickstart transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzz, I believe Fred Lange in California makes the 1915 transmissions, or at least the components to build them.

Comment

i appreciate everyones opinions on this pre16 event. i dont think any of the rules have been redefined.they are pretty simple ,original engine,and all repop parts should be as they were originally,with updates allowed for safety reasons.but my opinion doesn't really matter.all that really matters is what the riders want. this is their ride. they are the true vintage motorcycle enthusiasts for having the guts to try and do what most think cant be done. i'll let them decide. we'll just send out a mass email to the entrants ,and see what they have to say about it.
      www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Originally posted by fabercycle View Post
        Buzz, I believe Fred Lange in California makes the 1915 transmissions, or at least the components to build them.
        Fred told me he sold out a long, long time ago on the repop cases and has no plans to make any more.
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

I'm wondering if Fred's website is a little outdated ......... http://www.fredlangerestorations.com...nsmission.html
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Transmissionsickles

I have chosen to add a front drum brake for safety reasons, that does not require explanation. Since the beginning of this bike build, a front brake was in the plan. With a front brake a stronger fork will be a good addition as I do not want my fork braking from stress that it was not intended to have. My choice is an original 1916-1923 J model fork with the 1923 booster spring kit installed. This has been made perfectly clear through my article in this forum without any complaint. The fork I have chosen is nearly unperceivable from original to the average person, right from wrong. It is my intention to use this bike in upcoming AMCA road runs as well. Will my bike be prohibited using this fork? Outlaw again seems to be my way through life (all be it a minor outlaw). As far as Buzz using a 16 and latter trans. I would like to see the correct one on his bike, although what would make me happier is to see Buzz on his bike in the event. This is not a race it is an adventure. Limit it two three speeds.
            Joe
            Last edited by Slojo; 01-13-2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

agreed, this dam snow may be aggravating me.i can't even ride.time to go fishin,i didn't mean to start a "thing" ."run what ya brung",lose the rules,keep to the spirit of the event. and get whatever contraption your trusting with your life to the beach.last one in's a rotten egg.
              Last edited by jurassic; 01-13-2010, 10:38 PM.
              www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Working...
              X