law in Oregon 1 Jan.2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• law in Oregon 1 Jan.2010

Another fine going up covers operating a motorcycle without the proper endorsement on your drivers license, doubling from $360 to $720. The fine will be waived if the rider completes a Team Oregon training program within 120 days of the infraction.
    ...bill in oregon
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Give to satin what is satin's.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

There just trying to catch up with New Nazi Jersey. Here they see you as not having a drivers license. If you’re not a licensed operator the insurance is not in force. By, by motorcycle. What do you mean you don’t have tie downs!
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Who's Satin? A member of some band?
        And if you intend to ride, follow the law and get an endorsement. Statistics show more fatal accidents occur to non-trained, non-endorsed riders than those that have actually tested for the endorsement. They are merely enforcing the law and punishing stupidity. Just so they do the same for cell phone issues with car drivers!
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I wasn't going to mention this but since the issue of motorcycle safety came up; Florida has a strange helmet law which basically allows anyone to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. There are stipulations and restrictions but apparently the police don't aggressivly enforce them. The bikers I know, that have fallen off a bike, wear helmets. I've gone down 3 times and gone to the hospital twice. Each of the two hard falls cracked my helmet. The part I wasn't going to mention happened two days ago. I was driving from Orlando to Sarasota. At the junction of I-4 and I-75 I came upon an accident that probably happened minutes earlier. It looked like a motorcyclist lost control or was forced off the road. Regardless, he was either dead or close to it judging by the head injuries to his unprotected head. It was a lousy way to end 2009.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

New Law in force in North Carolina today. No license tag frames, and yes this includes toppers. Theory is they hide yer tag number when you rob the liquor store no one can see the tag number to report you.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I am not sure how having an endorsement on your license makes you a better rider. I do know that MSF completion adds to your shelf life and support riders safety classes. As with anything else, the class is only as good as to the extent the participant chooses to put the knowledge to use. I view those guys who go past me on the Blue Ridge Parkway at 75 MPH doing wheelies on their "metric" bikes because I'm going to slow (speed limit of 45 MPH) that I see in a side ditch down the road as recipients of the evolutionary process.
            Pete Cole AMCA #14441
            1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Working...
            X