basic training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic training

gave my kid to uncle sam today ,starts basic training 5 january, then on to learn how to work on oh58's
    1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Originally posted by cheifrider View Post
    gave my kid to uncle sam today ,starts basic training 5 january, then on to learn how to work on oh58's
    NO SIR !!!!!!! Lent the kid ! Please keep us posted on his progress and destination. Paps

Comment

proud is the word that comes to mind to both of you

Semper Fi
      Moose
      aka Glenn

Comment

Thank him from all of us for helping to keep us safe here at home. -Steve
        ------------
        Steve
        AMCA #7300

Comment

What is an oh58?
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

it's a helicopter---nashville pd has one that flies over my house all the time. thank you for service to our country. tell him to be safe and get home soon chiefrider

Comment

#1. paps ......you are correct ,only a loan ....a 6 year one tho.#2. i was enlisted so i cant be a sir!:}#3 chris the oh58 is a small recon and direct fire support chopper.#4. many thanks for the well wishing folks, i will let him know of your support!#5. basic will be in fort leonard wood, mo. advanced training will be in fort eustis va. eventually he wants to be a pilot .thanks again , tom
              1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Comment

Originally posted by cheifrider View Post
                Thanks to your son for his sacrifice. My son starts Marine Corp training May 10th.

Comment

Our Finest

Many Thanks !
                  to those who have left hearth and home to serve our country !

May Divine Providence bless and watch over them all.
                  May they return hale and soon to the loving arms of their families, and a grateful nation .
                  William McClean
                  AMCA # 60

Comment

Originally posted by William McClean View Post
                    Many Thanks !
                    to those who have left hearth and home to serve our country !
                    By the way. Any Viet Nam veterans here should contact your closest Veterans Administration. Go to the Veterans Services office. You are qualified for Veteran's Disability for just being "in country". Many health problems have been found to have been caused by chemicals that were commom in Nam. Breathing problems, heart problems, mental problems, ETC. There is money there waiting for you. Even a 10% disability is $ in your pocket. I am going through the program now.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

so many folks are "in the program".....hmmmmmmmmmm? wheres that take our kids bearing this additional burden?

Comment

Son-in-Law heads out for 2nd deployment Monday, Iraq this time. He's 11 Bang-Bang. My daughter is distraught. They've been married three years, he's been gone over 2. She will move back home while he is away. I spent some time at Lost-in-the Woods in the 70's. Went to a heck of a Rock and Roll concert at Sedelia, Mo. God bless all who have served and who are serving, I pray your sons return home safe.
                        Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                        1947 Indian Chief

Comment

micmac ,please give your son inlaw our regards,godspeed. 1 was an 11b also,did my time in korea and ft. lewis wa.

Comment

Chiefrider, thank you very much. I just my daughter gets her husband back one day. I ain't sure what this multiple tour stuff does to all involved. I got a buddy who's son is a Navy Corpsman, been in 6 years, been in combat 5. I travel by air frequently, airports are full of troops. I hope and pray that these guys/gals get better treatment then the men and women of our era, many of who yet have been able to access services due to red tape some 40 years on. Thanks for your service.
                            Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                            1947 Indian Chief

Comment

God Bless all those who serve our country....I pray daily for their safe return.

Comment

Working...
                              X