George's list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George's list.

Got this e-mail this morning. It was generated off of George’s. These assholes are endless.

In response to your MOTORCYCLE posted for sale. I am an agent interested in making an immediate purchase of it.

After several consideration over the advert placed on the website, my client who has really shown interest in it and would want to issue the payment.

But before I proceed on this transaction I will like to ask some question as follows.

1. Is the condition of the MOTORCYCLE what you have describe it to be ?

2. What is the final asking prize you can go at last ?

3. Do you accept a certified check as a mode of payment ?

4,Can the picture send to me via email for proper view?

Also I would like to restate clearly that this item will be shipped to Australia and I have a shipping agent who would take good care of this. You are to cash the Check you will recieve and deduct the funds for the sales of your item and please have the excess funds sent to the shipping agent in order to schedule the pick up of the item.

All neccesary transfer papers will be dully signed by the shipper on behalf of my client when the shipping agents comes for the pick up of the item .

I will be willing to entertain more of your questions that might arise, please provide your

FULL NAME:
    ADDRESS :
    CITY:
    STATE:
    ZIP CODE:
    PHONE NUMBER :

So that I can have it forwarded to my client for immediate payment issuance.Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.
    MIKE RAPP
    54-58, Mount Pleasant Rd,
    Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1RB
    +447031866761
    +447031879451
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Bob.....isn't that how everyone tries to purchase an old motorcycle? I responded to an auto type trader add awhile back on an unbelievably cheap knuckle, just to see what came back. According to the e-mail I received, I could get a cherry '46 shipped to me from Texas for $5800. That price included trucking! The single picture that was sent of the bike was a pic I'd seen sell on e-bay a few months before! They didn't even crop the little e-bay symbol out! There's all kinds out there........
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

I got the same email today myself. The guy who sent it has no clue even whan an Antique Motorcycle is. It isn't just Antique Motorcycles. I have a friend who collects, buys, sells and trades high end Pool Cues. He gets the same emails from the chat line he monitors and advertises on.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how much effort some crooks will put into a larcenous deal. You could probably do better at a 9 to 5 job, but I guess that's not the point. For some people being evil is what it's all about.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

As well broadcast as these scams are now I cannot imagine that anybody still falls for them. I got the same email.

Jerry

Comment

I remember a few years ago seeing a special on TV about all this crap. They were showing some third world country in Africa where some of this stuff originates. There was a mud hut with dirt floors that had numerous computers in one room if that is what you might call it? The local natives of this country reported to work at this hut daily. Their full time job was nothing more than phishing the internet with these emails hoping they would catch someone who was gullable enough to let themselves be scammed. And it happens day in and day out. Some of these countries have no economy, no jobs, no nothing. Nail some person who does not know better for a couple a hundred or a few thousand bucks and it is like one of us hitting the lottery for a hundrerd grand. Jp

Comment

Hello, My name is Sir Reilly Philips. While on safari I happened to come across a couriers pack lying on the jungle floor. Upon inspection I found this letter address to you. If you fall for this you are one dumb ****! Mean while back at the trailer park Jim Bob hits the frig for another brewski between Jerry Springer reruns. He rests ashored that the BA’s promise to reopen the Delphi points plant is a shore thing. Bob L
              Last edited by Robert Luland; 12-19-2009, 08:23 AM.
              AMCA #3149

Comment

Dear Sir Reilly,

That was a self-addressed envelope....... is there anyway you could send me the whole courier pack? The pack is so valuable to me that if you do manage to return it safely I will send you 1 Beeelion dollars! I will do this via a bank wire transfer and will need your full name, social insurance number and the guarantee of your first born........

Regards and hope to hear from you soon........

Sheister.
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

To be continued

I have recently found several rip off listings on Craigs List. If it sounds too good, it is. Like it says on ebay, NEVER use moneygram, or western union. That is like sending cash. Also, if they mention using a certified agent to handle it, run away. Fast!
                  Mike

Comment

a lot of those scams are being done by inmates right here in the usa

Comment

He Must Be Freaking

I Told Him,that I Could Do Better Than That !!!! I Told Him That I Got A Buddy Out There That Lives Nearby & That He Will Personally Go See Him & Give Him All My Personal Info In Hand......I GOT LONG FINGERS !!!!
                      Last edited by mootch; 12-19-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                        Got this e-mail this morning. It was generated off of George’s. These assholes are endless.

In response to your MOTORCYCLE posted for sale. I am an agent interested in making an immediate purchase of it.

After several consideration over the advert placed on the website, my client who has really shown interest in it and would want to issue the payment.

But before I proceed on this transaction I will like to ask some question as follows.

1. Is the condition of the MOTORCYCLE what you have describe it to be ?

2. What is the final asking prize you can go at last ?

3. Do you accept a certified check as a mode of payment ?

4,Can the picture send to me via email for proper view?

Also I would like to restate clearly that this item will be shipped to Australia and I have a shipping agent who would take good care of this. You are to cash the Check you will recieve and deduct the funds for the sales of your item and please have the excess funds sent to the shipping agent in order to schedule the pick up of the item.

All neccesary transfer papers will be dully signed by the shipper on behalf of my client when the shipping agents comes for the pick up of the item .

I will be willing to entertain more of your questions that might arise, please provide your

FULL NAME:
                        ADDRESS :
                        CITY:
                        STATE:
                        ZIP CODE:
                        PHONE NUMBER :

So that I can have it forwarded to my client for immediate payment issuance.Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.
                        MIKE RAPP
                        54-58, Mount Pleasant Rd,
                        Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN1 1RB
                        +447031866761
                        +447031879451
                        I Told Him,that I Could Do Better Than That !!!! I Told Him That I Got A Buddy Out There That Lives Nearby & That He Will Personally Go See Him & Give Him All My Personal Info In Hand......I GOT LONG FINGERS !!!!
                        Last edited by mootch; 12-19-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

One of the goals besides trying to find a dumba$$ that believes them, is they want your email address and name. It is a phishing scam.

I once had a '14 HD for sale on Georges. They wanted pictures, so I sent them a pic of a honda dream. They sent me a cashier's check from a bank in Montana for $60k. They wanted me to immediately send $15k to their shipper via western union. The "shipper" was in the UK. I ran the tracking number on the fedex package and it came from Nigeria. I had fun with him for the next week as he would keep calling insisting that I send the shipper his money, but I always had an excuse why I couldn't make it that day. I guess the only consolation that I got out of the whole deal was that he spent probably $50 on the fedex package (probably with a stole credit card).

Just recently, I was advertising for a '15 HD tranny. Another scammer sent me a picture of a complete '15 HD and told me he would send the tranny out of it. I did a google image search for "1915 Harley" and the first image that popped up was the same one as the email. Rocket scientists they are not.

Comment

At least the stay busy when there not trying to blow up planes.
                            AMCA #3149

Comment

Originally posted by mootch View Post
                              His name should be BUM RAPP

Comment

Working...
                              X