Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA Vintage Cut Club Sweater

Hey all,

Just received the AMCA sweater, it looks great.
    There are a limited number available at
    http://www.gasolinecowboys.com/store/
    Perfect for the holidays...
    cheers Dave

Is it just me or does anyone else feel a little uneasy about a member being this bold in advertising his company's products on this formum? I little plug here and there or answering a member's question about the product is one thing but if you're going to be this bold you ought to pay for advertisinig on this site. That said, it's a great looking sweater. Just think that a $30 membership shouldn't buy you this much free advertising.
    AMCA 15783

Comment

That’s what I was talking about the other day when I commented on Metroracing.com referring to the back cover of the AMCA magazine in an effort to get you to notice their logo. That’s why I said “way to double your advertising dollar.” Does this open the door for the rest of us? But some people just didn’t get it. Is gasoline cowboy even authorized to put the AMCA logo on anything to sell?

Dave

Comment

If you read the club magazine fall issue you would see that the sweater was and is a club sponsored item. The ones that Gasoline Cowboys is selling is the same price as the club one so I fail to see the problem.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

this post should be moves to the proper Forum area

Originally posted by Rub View Post
          If you read the club magazine fall issue you would see that the sweater was and is a club sponsored item. The ones that Gasoline Cowboys is selling is the same price as the club one so I fail to see the problem.
          Robbie
          I think the problem lies in the fact that this is a "FOR SALE' Ad posted in Parking lot chatter,
          The Forum is set up so that items for sale can be listed for free here under; "Sub-Forums : For Sale Memorabilia " All the moderator has to do is move the posting to the proper area, & all should be good.

Comment

Fall 2009 magazine
            What threw me off was the lead up to the add in which it states that our new merchandise manager was coming out with a new line of club gear & talks about the sweater. As the add was written I thought it was the AMCA’s idea. I didn’t realize they were contracting with someone else and getting only a portion of the profit. I saw gasoline cowboy advertizing on the forum and wanted to know if he was authorized to sell it. I didn’t realize he had the in with them to distribute on the AMCAs behalf or that rules didn’t apply and he could advertise on the forum.
            Dave

Comment

Club ware

Susan Brutus is our merchandise manager. She doesn't knit the sweaters, or make the badges, or produce any of the goods; She contracts them from the manufacturers. She contracted with Gasoline Cowboys for this approved AMCA sweater. Dave, of GC, an AMCA member also, got the nod to produce the sweater from Susan. There is a minimum on these types of orders, be it for a badge, a sweater, or a coffee mug.
              Dave stepped up to the plate, and had minimum run made of these fine sweaters.........WITHOUT demanding a minimum order from the AMCA! Susan did not receive enough orders from us, the ever demanding and quick to criticize members, and essentially left Dave hanging with the order.
              Gasoline Cowboys is showing a lot of class by going through with the manufacture of these quality items, despite never receiving any purchase from the AMCA, yet suffering through months of our lawyers hoop -jumping for our registered logos.
              I have been somewhat involved with our Merch. Manager on some of the AMCA products, and this is one I was directly involved in. Rather than stick the AMCA with the unsold sweaters, Dave is showing a lot of class by dealing with these himself.
              This situation is all good. I can vouch for it. But I'm sure some nay-sayers will find something else to complain about. I hope this clears this one up!
              Keep a Kool Tool & Merry Motoring to you all, RF.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Fred View Post
                Susan Brutus is our merchandise manager. She doesn't knit the sweaters, or make the badges, or produce any of the goods; She contracts them from the manufacturers. She contracted with Gasoline Cowboys for this approved AMCA sweater. Dave, of GC, an AMCA member also, got the nod to produce the sweater from Susan. There is a minimum on these types of orders, be it for a badge, a sweater, or a coffee mug.
                Dave stepped up to the plate, and had minimum run made of these fine sweaters.........WITHOUT demanding a minimum order from the AMCA! Susan did not receive enough orders from us, the ever demanding and quick to criticize members, and essentially left Dave hanging with the order.
                Gasoline Cowboys is showing a lot of class by going through with the manufacture of these quality items, despite never receiving any purchase from the AMCA, yet suffering through months of our lawyers hoop -jumping for our registered logos.
                I have been somewhat involved with our Merch. Manager on some of the AMCA products, and this is one I was directly involved in. Rather than stick the AMCA with the unsold sweaters, Dave is showing a lot of class by dealing with these himself.
                This situation is all good. I can vouch for it. But I'm sure some nay-sayers will find something else to complain about. I hope this clears this one up!
                Keep a Kool Tool & Merry Motoring to you all, RF.
                Hey Fred,
                Shouldn't this post be in the FOR SALE area since it is just that Items for sale?
                Joe

Comment

Cool Sweaters

Gosh, I don't really know. Yes the item is available for sale, but the post was more like a news flash of an already existing subject. The sweaters and other wares have been posted under this header before. But I realize that one can't please everyone, all the time.
                  RF.
                  AMCA #5
                  AMCA Board Member
                  AMCA Nat'l Deputy Judge
                  AMCA Tech Editor & Advisor

Comment

Working...
                  X