Chasing The Saucer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing The Saucer

Here's an article I thought some folks may find some interest in.

Last edited by c.o.; 11-22-2009, 12:40 PM.
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

thanxs for the good read man.

Comment

Did you catch the fact that yer a prime candidate to ride the boards? Me..... well, I'm a little on the top end of the recommended weight limit.........
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

yup we got the resources...sawmills down the street,hardest parts aquiring
        the racer....hmmmmmmm still got the ole light wieght beezer in the basement

Comment

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Thanks Lonnie! That was some great reading. I wonder if he ever replaced that fancy red coat? The boardtrack era has got to be motorcycle history's greatest era! I'll get some race coverage posted soon!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

I wish the picture on top of the article were clearer. It's Toronto in 1914.

Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

A great read to start the day. Thanks guys.
                  AMCA 15783

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
                    yup we got the resources...sawmills down the street,hardest parts aquiring
                    the racer....hmmmmmmm still got the ole light wieght beezer in the basement
                    Hmmmm.... with the cost of lumber we may want to just build a Wall of Death...... the Beezer would probably work O.K. on something like that ........
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by Northwoods_Maine View Post
                      A great read to start the day. Thanks guys.
                      Glad you enjoyed the articles. I just can never get enough on the early race history! With all the excitement came tragedy at times........

Durn it anyway! Well, if anyone is interested in the top part of the article you may want to save it to your computer and zoom in on it for a clearer view! For some reason it's being stubborn and I can't get it posted any larger!

Last edited by c.o.; 11-23-2009, 09:29 PM.
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

I guess that most of us look at the history of most anything as being, "it's way back when, who cares", when we're younger. But eventually (especially if you're passionate about something) you reach that age where you develop a certain reverance for the pioneers of whatever it is that you have a passion for. I grew up attending various scrambles, motorcross, hill climbs, dirt track, and AMA events (Laconia) as I was lucky enough to have an uncle who loved motorcycles, and he'd take me with him all over New England to these events. I purchased my first motorcycle at 14, and have owned contemporary bikes off and on throughout my 58 years. I've developed a keen interest over the last couple of years in learning more about the pioneers of the industry and sport. That's what drew me to join AMCA recently. I'm now "hooked" and love reading these articles. Thanks for posting them.
                        AMCA 15783

Comment

1909 Indy newspaper articles

Here is some more tough reading, sorry if this has been posted before. http://www.firstsuperspeedway.com/articles/category/150

Comment

Thanks a lot Scott!!! I don't believe I've seen that posted before. I'll be spending some time there taking in the day!!!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

Cory Any more to the "Races at Winnipeg "story?
                              Ross

Comment

Working...
                              X