Happy Veterans Day/Remembrance Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Veterans Day/Remembrance Day

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service To my American Comrades -in-arms. and Commomwealth forces, past present and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pete Cole AMCA #14441
    1947 Indian Chief

Thanks for remembering !!! Icould not have said it better!!!

Comment

That is just plain BEAUTIFUL Pete !! Paps

Comment

Patriotism is still something to be proud of here in Central/Northern Maine. Check out the story in the links below about the veterans of past wars getting up at all hours of the night to trek to the Bangor, Maine airport to meet and greet our current defenders of liberty. If you have a chance, please watch this documentray on your local PBS station tonight, it's a national broadcast. It will definitely touch your hearts.

http://www.thewaywegetbymovie.com/about-the-film/

http://www.themainetroopgreeters.com

Thank you, all past, current, and future defenders of our liberty!

Best wishes,
        Kevin G.
        AMCA 15783

Comment

My Kudos to all Veteran war bretheren,past & recent. Comrades forever!

Comment

Here is a interesting old newsreel with some G.I.'s training on motorcycles about one minute into it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMSgTXRqDhM

Comment

Great clip Scott. American products, American pride, American unity. Do you think Toyota, or Mercedes Benz would come to our aid today and build tanks and planes at cost ? I doubt it. A good American defends America and buys American.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

May God watch over and protect our service personel , wherever dispursed, that they may return home, hale and soon, to the Loving Arms of their Families and a Grateful Nation.
                William McClean
                AMCA # 60

Comment

Semper Fi to all men and women who served our county at time of peace or war keep the faith. We will never forget

semper fi
                  Moose
                  aka Glenn

Comment

it was a real pleasure serving my country for 18 years. i was having a great veterans day. all my friends calling me and thanking me etc. then i ran into an old buddy who told me his wife had to work today at the hospital. there was a couple who flew in from nigeria 2 days ago to have their baby born in the us so it would be an american citizen. neither of the parents are american. that should be illegal. i got in an argument with another friend who said "this country was built with immigrants" i said yeah but they were glad to become americans once they got here and they didn't want to blow the place up and kill everyone who had a different religion than they had. what a stupid way to end an otherwise perfect day

Comment

I agree with you Flat Happy. When my wife came here from New Zealand (and yes, that was way before Al Gore invented the internet ), we had mountains of paperwork, several thousands in lawyers fees (isn't there always?) and she could not leave the country even if something happened to one of her parents, nor work for one year, despite her having a college degree and speaking english as her native language and never having any issues with the law. That was many years ago, and things change, but we did it the proper way. I was thinking I should've sent her to Cuba and get her to get on a boat and touch the florida shore to gain automatic citizenship. I take no issue with anyone attaing residency here the proper, legal way to better themselves, the illegal, slicksters I can't stomach. Thanks for your service.
                      Pete Cole AMCA #14441
                      1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
                        . there was a couple who flew in from nigeria 2 days ago to have their baby born in the us so it would be an american citizen. neither of the parents are american. that should be illegal.
                        This is not true that tourists entering the country on a tourist visa can have a child and it will be american. The same goes for our servicemen/women or US citizens travelling that have children abroad. They are citizens of the US, not where they were born, not even dual citizenship.

The only exception to these rules that I know of is that of our current president. If he were born in Hawaii, where is the birth certificate? Why wouldn't you once and for all, show the dang thing to the media and get it over with? Is there something to hide?

Comment

A person emailed me a link to a Kenya newspaper article of 2004. The headline was something to the extent of how one of Kenyas's very own won a senators position in Illinois. I have not been able to actually verify the article as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello View Post
                            This is not true that tourists entering the country on a tourist visa can have a child and it will be american. The same goes for our servicemen/women or US citizens travelling that have children abroad. They are citizens of the US, not where they were born, not even dual citizenship.

The only exception to these rules that I know of is that of our current president. If he were born in Hawaii, where is the birth certificate? Why wouldn't you once and for all, show the dang thing to the media and get it over with? Is there something to hide?
                            An Uncle of mine served with in the Army over in Germany in the 70's. While there, my Aunt gave birth to their youngest, a son . He had Dual Citizenship { complete with German passport} as a minor until the age of 19 when he had to decide as an adult if he would be an American or a German citizen.
                            William McClean
                            AMCA # 60

Comment

Originally posted by William McClean View Post
                              An Uncle of mine served with in the Army over in Germany in the 70's. While there, my Aunt gave birth to their youngest, a son . He had Dual Citizenship { complete with German passport} as a minor until the age of 19 when he had to decide as an adult if he would be an American or a German citizen.
                              I was in the Air Force serving at RAF Alconbury in England in 1967 when my oldest Son Paul was born. He had an American Birth Certificate issued by the American Embassy In London. He had a British birth Certificate issued in Peterborough England and that was only because his mother was British. He only had one passport and it was U.S., no British passport. He could have gone back to England prior to being 18 and declare citizenship to England if we had wanted to. So, I think it made a difference that his mother was not a U.S. Citizen, if both of us had been U.S. He would have only had the US birth certificate.
                              John Underwood
                              AMCA#14400
                              Central Illinois

Comment

Working...
                              X