Transcontinental Road Run 1915

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcontinental Road Run 1915

At risk of repetition........ I thought I'd post another thread on this rally http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/ There are already posts in the Judging and Pre-16 sections but I was wondering how many folks scroll that far down the page........ This is quite the exciting event and thought there may be more hubub about it
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

C.O.
    you can post it in as many places as you want, I think it is a great idea and plan to bring it to the boards attention to get more coverage for it.
    Kevin Valentine 13
    EX-Chief Judge

Comment

It's good to hear that your putting in a good word for this event Kevin! I imagine it's quite the undertaking for jurassic and it would be nice to see this run become a great success.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Way to go Kevin, really quite exciting stuff. I have done one trip where we rode 300 miles a day for 5 days / on 39 Indians. We had a blast and our machines handled it like it was nothing. I know lots of folks do alot more than that, but - I can't hardly imagine trying it on pre 16 stuff. I know their great machines, but - their 90 plus years old ! their seats are about has comfortable as a ten speed bicycles. Not to mention, the rarity of many of the machines. I plan and hope to ride my 14 Indian someday, but a 45 mile loop at an easy pace is one thing. Ridding day in and day out, pushing the limits of both the rider and those old machines. That's a real challenge, just the thought of major brake downs of such old machines and rare parts makes me cringe with terror. Hardy and brave souls need only apply. My engine is all rebuilt on my 14, but I dont have any spare parts and for me anyways that really up's the risk. The thought of Flying Merkles, Thors and the like attempting that ride. Exciting stuff !!
        I cant wait to read all about it, wish you guys all the luck in the world. I will be watching and dreaming from the side lines.

Comment

Working...
        X