International Road Race, Indiana 1919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Road Race, Indiana 1919

Another one for the race fans...... I often wonder how it actually was back then. I'm glad some folks thought to capture stuff like this on film. I watched it on full screen. I did however have to slide my chair back a bit...... Enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YDV2fGcOk
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Thanks Cory, thats awsome
    see helmet design interesting

Comment

I'm counting on Heaven to be like that when I release the clutch for the last time.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

thank you cory. what a talented photographer too. it was almost as good as being there. really drew you in. i had to blow the dust out of my nose after. where did that clip come from?

Comment

Outstanding!
          Bob Selph
          1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
          1940 Sport Scout
          AMCA#15215

Comment

Great stuff! Thanks.
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Glad you fellas enjoyed it! It really drew me in when I watched it. There's awesome footage of Otto Walker and I had never seen video of Walter Davidson before.

flat-happy....it was a clip I found on You Tube ... sometimes it's random searches that find the best stuff!!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

Great stuff Cory. I've often wondered what the deal was with Otto Walker's WW1 German helmet, if it was a war souvenir or something to do with his German first name. I think I have a helmet like it.

Comment

Somewhere I had read that it was a war souvenier. It was probably in Stephen Wright's book.
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

That is a great find Cory ! We all appreciate the post and keep up the good work.

Comment

Barry......you should dig that helmet out for the pre-16 run....

I'm going to have to dig Steven's book out Eric and see what it says. It's a pretty neat piece of trivia!

Glad you enjoyed the clip Scott..... one can never get enough of this kind of footage!! Let's hope some more surfaces!
                      Cory Othen
                      Membership#10953

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                        Somewhere I had read that it was a war souvenier. It was probably in Stephen Wright's book.
                        Good memory! It's on pg. 124. It was a German aviator helmet.
                        Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

photos from Marion 1919

Here is some great photos I found....Check out the fifth one down and use the zoom tool or click on the red box to blow it up a certain area.http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm...L&CISOROOT=all
                          Last edited by Scott Parker; 12-21-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Parker View Post
                            Here is some great photos I found....Check out the fifth one down and use the zoom tool or click on the red box to blow it up a certain area.http://images.indianahistory.org/cdm...L&CISOROOT=all
                            WOW! THAT IS SOME GOOD STUFF! LOOKS LIKE BOB PERRY WITH AN EX AND CHECK OUT THE DUST SHIELDS DOWN BELOW AND ON THE HANDLEBARS! ONE DUDE HAS SOME REAL SPACE AGE GOGGLES . WHAT A SUPER PICTURE.

Comment

Awesome pics Scott!!! Your getting pretty good at rounding this stuff up..........
                              Cory Othen
                              Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
                              X