Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researching racing motor #s

Hello,
    I have heard it mentioned that motor #s are listed on racing entry forms for class c racing.
    I have some big base Scout cases that I would like to research. Where would one look to find this information. Contemperary magazines from the time, the AMA, etc???
    Thanks
    Jim

Hi Jim
    You can try calling the AMA for the info. However, the best source I have seen is period race programs. They often listed the pre-entries for major races like Daytona, Savannah, Laconia, etc. I don't know if guys like R.L. Jones or Dale Walksler have any of that info, but I know some of those bikes have passed through their hands the years. Most of the old magazines list riders names and make of bike but never the serial #. This is a big base that I may be able to track down.
    Robbie
    Attached Files
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
      Hi Jim
      You can try calling the AMA for the info.
      I have asked the AMA. They claim they never kept that information.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Robbie,
        Tkanks for the reply, looks like the making of a good 648 in the thumbnail.
        Jim

Comment

I have been collecting American race programmes for a while attempting to document my 1948 Manx reputedly Dick Klamfoth's amateur bike that year by comparing serial numbers. so far I have eliminated 7 of the 25 Norton Manx s that were exported to the US in 1948. There are of course MANY Indian and Harley serial numbers as well so I may be able to help you. Send me a PM. email is oldmill@kingston.net

Comment

Working...
          X