Free Downloads of Indian Motorcycle News 1936-1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Downloads of Indian Motorcycle News 1936-1945

I'm not sure if this was posted yet or not but I found these FREE pdf downloads of the old Indian Motorcycle news at the new Indian web site while looking for info on one of my bikes.
    It includes these Issues;
    1936 Issue
    1937 Issue
    1939 Issue
    1940 Issue
    1941 Issue
    1942 Issue
    1944 Issue
    1945 Issue
    1945-2 Issue

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/Hist...3/Default.aspx

Check it out pretty Cool & you can't BEAT THE PRICE !!!!

Thanks fo that,
    1939 page 11 midway on right 1940 dealer preview, showing a 440 with toolbox same color as bike, also is it wearing whitewalls of just a trick of the light ?

Comment

I found this site the other day as well - thanks for posting oz

aka HAWG
      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
      1940 indian chief military
      1965 sportster xlch
      1969 sportster xlch bobber
      1971 bsa A65 chopper
      1969 harley ss350 sprint
      1960 harley topper
      1963 harley topper
      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
      1959 harley model 165
      1960 harley super 10
      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

440 tool box

Thanks for the link !

Greg H.
        On the Big Skirt 4 of 1940 the tool box was mounted below the exhasut pipe on the rear fender.
        It is a different tool box and lock then the one used on the Chief. Turned 90 degrees off of the Chief tool box, with a hinged lid opening the End of the box. I don't recall if lid was leading, openning forward or trailing, openning to the rear. Inside of the lid are a pair of clips for holding a wrench.

The lock mechanism is a round, push button type with a key slot in the middle of the push button. It fits thru a round hole in the side of the tool box. That round push button is all that is visable of the lock, the rest of it is hidden inside the box.

Anybody out there have one of those locks ?
        William McClean
        AMCA # 60

Comment

I think the new company is trying hard.
          Pete Cole AMCA #14441
          1947 Indian Chief

Comment

I'm currently scanning all of my "Indian News," "Indian" (magazine), and "Pow Wow" for the AMCA. This is slow work. I have a couple of 20s issues and a few 30s issues, and all issues from 1931 to the bitter end with "Pow Wow" in the late 50s.
            Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Hatfield View Post
              I'm currently scanning all of my "Indian News," "Indian" (magazine), and "Pow Wow" for the AMCA. This is slow work. I have a couple of 20s issues and a few 30s issues, and all issues from 1931 to the bitter end with "Pow Wow" in the late 50s.
              That's great this is what the club should be Sharing with each other.
              Are they going to be Free also for club members to down load just like the link I posted ?

Comment

I might be stepping on toes here, BUT the downloads are free to members now. so all you people that have been holding out, get ahold of Larry Barnes and offer some of your treasured stash of literature
                Kevin Valentine 13
                EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Great stuff, thanks!

Scott
                  Scott Larson
                  AMCA #13589
                  Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
                  1971 HD FLH
                  1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
                  1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

Originally posted by kval View Post
                    I might be stepping on toes here, BUT the downloads are free to members now. so all you people that have been holding out, get ahold of Larry Barnes and offer some of your treasured stash of literature
                    Do you have his E mail address?
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Howdy William,

Here's one on my crusty old 440 known by Robin and Elmer as the "candy store four" from PA. Still has the dealer decals on the rear fenders, the r/s one right behind that box from the Indian dealer in New Cumberland, PA. Saw police duty before civilianized and then joining a Stanley Steamer in this chap's candy store shaped like Noah's ark built into the side of a mountain.
                      Attached Files
                      Cheerio,
                      Peter
                      1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Chris
                        you can reach Larry Barnes at lbarnes@sssnet.com he would be more then happy to get some of the great stuff you have
                        Kevin Valentine 13
                        EX-Chief Judge

Comment

440 tool box

PRG,

Thanks for the picture. It makes sense that the lid would be at the leading edge, to help keep water out.

The lock mechanism is not a push button as I posted earlier , but a simple rotation to release the lid. The tool box mounts on a pair of brackets that wrap around the frame below, it doesn't require any holes in the fender.

I have seen Restored machines where the tool box is painted to match the fenders.

Again, thanks for the picture. My printed copy will make the search for the Lock easier !
                          William McClean
                          AMCA # 60

Comment

Working...
                          X