Davenport Boardtracker report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport Boardtracker report

Hello Boys & Girls, The official results are in & I spoke with Mrs. George myself to make sure we're correct. 1st place Jim Wall #33 Indian, 2nd place Dave Kafton #69 HD, 3rd place Carl Estes#151 HD, 4th place Mike Lang #21x HD, 5th place Kris Thompson #32 Indian, 6th place Frank Rick #14 Indian....The racing was clean, The track was great & the speeds were up there !!! The fastest boardtracker lap was 75 mph by Jim wall on his second last lap. Thats a fact, my crew shot every lap every rider !We were running high 60's all day long. In the final the pack slowed down about 3 mph overall except for Wall who went 1 mph faster each of the mains laps! Yes Jim you must of seen a shadow !!! I saw you pull away from me when my valves were floating, all I saw was your & Iron Dino's taillights !!!! Wow what a race. Overall it was fantastic, to all of you boardtrack teams, it was an honor to race with you !! You guys are the boardtrack legends of the day !! Thanks to all of the pushermen & everyone who make this a great event. You people are simply the best !!! Have FUN All...Carl Estes Big Jesus 151 Pusherman Racing
    Last edited by big jesus 151; 09-09-2009, 08:43 PM.

Thanks for the rundown Carl. Do you know if there was any video footage taken?
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

Comment

i saw the history channel there too or at least the same camera man who was at wauseon so there should be footage available soon

Comment

the history channel is working with dale at wtt.
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

davenport video report

Hello all, Pusherman racing had 1 camera on a tripod at turn 1 facing the finish line. Also my film guy was filming the races free style. When I get back from the Stockton Ca Mile we are going to start cutting up a cool Dav. race video.......We have been filming for 2 years now, both 08 & 09 seasons-Wauseon & Davenport. We are going to start editing our documentary ASAP....To all members- if you have any footage of these events please contact me, we need all the footage we can get....513 407 2575 / 513 933 9114, kim6723@aol.com. Stay tombed, we are coming to a theater near you !!! Carl Estes Big Jesus 151 Pusherman Racing
          Last edited by big jesus 151; 09-10-2009, 07:06 AM.

Comment

History channel

Can't wait for the History Channel broadcast program

Comment

D'port results

Originally posted by big jesus 151 View Post
              Hello Boys & Girls, The official results are in & I spoke with Mrs. George myself to make sure we're correct. 1st place Jim Wall #33 Indian, 2nd place Dave Kafton #69 HD, 3rd place Carl Estes#151 HD, 4th place Mike Lang #21x HD, 5th place Kris Thompson #32 Indian, 6th place Frank Rick #14 Indian....The racing was clean, The track was great & the speeds were up there !!! The fastest boardtracker lap was 75 mph by Jim wall on his second last lap. Thats a fact, my crew shot every lap every rider !We were running high 60's all day long. In the final the pack slowed down about 3 mph overall except for Wall who went 1 mph faster each of the mains laps! Yes Jim you must of seen a shadow !!! I saw you pull away from me when my valves were floating, all I saw was your & Iron Dino's taillights !!!! Wow what a race. Overall it was fantastic, to all of you boardtrack teams, it was an honor to race with you !! You guys are the boardtrack legends of the day !! Thanks to all of the pushermen & everyone who make this a great event. You people are simply the best !!! Have FUN All...Carl Estes Big Jesus 151 Pusherman Racing
              Dave Kafton is the owner of the 2nd place HD. I believe it's a fancy JD. Something about lips on the exhaust ports! I don't know my Harleys, but he is from Lodi, CA. and the bike came in 2nd by a "lip" last year to Jim Wall also. Roy Taboda is the rider for Dave. Roy also runs the hand shift class, and came in 2nd last this year, and last year also I believe. He also brought out a 3rd entry; a K model, but it holed a piston. So Roy should be listed as the second place rider.

Comment

Hands down, Jim and his Indian are amazing to watch fly around the track but I have to admit I was rooting for Roy and the Iron Dinosaur this year. That bike is so darn close to being a first place machine......... I can't wait until some footage is available!
                Cory Othen
                Membership#10953

Comment

Race track photos from Davenport

Hi folks, just wanted to share with you some shots taken from the pit area. They should show some of the action there, bikes, start, race and the aftermath (read motor damage etc.).
                  Check pictures at;
                  http://americanmotorcyclesnorway.blo...009-races.html

Keep on racing, thats what those machines where made for.
                  Sverre
                  AmericanMotorcyclesNorway
                  And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                  This is a great theory.
                  If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

Awesome pics Sverre! Thanks for posting them. It's cool to get a visual of what a guy missed!!
                    Cory Othen
                    Membership#10953

Comment

Sverre Pics !!!

Way to go Sverre, Thank You Sir ! Big Jesus 151-Pusherman Racing

Comment

Davenport race pics

God to hear there are someone enjoying the pic`s.

Big Jesus,
                        would be interesting to know what you have done to your F-head Harley engine to make it both fast and reliable.

I see you have this drop forged rear part of your fork that is similar to what I have on my slightly modified -27 JD,
                        http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1YAR__9MKk...oto%5B1%5D.jpg
                        Do you know the history on when they where availiable as spare part to the older F-heads.
                        I have seen a few of those rear forks here in Scandinavia and I assume they broke the original sometime into the thirties and then got this as an replacement from their HD dealer.

I have started collecting parts to make a cutdown J based mostly on -26 part, frame etc. Would have been supercool to have one more of those rearforks.

Regards
                        Sverre
                        http://AmericanMotorcyclesNorway.blogspot.com
                        And then there is the idea that we are here on earth to get a certain amount of things done before we die.
                        This is a great theory.
                        If it is true, I am so far behind that I will never die...

AMCA-3489

Comment

i think the cast rear fork is 28/29 2 years ago i saw one at jefferson pa.no price owner wanted to trade for 1915 fork parts only
                          rob ronky #10507
                          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
                          X