No announcement yet.

Davenport show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no sir i didn't. i wanted to but had a lot to do there. hopefully i'm getting involved with steve little soon but that's all i can say right now

cory i'm sorry----i paid my $15 and got a call and had to leave so i could hear on the phone just after the first race started. i'll try to call someone to find out who won
    Last edited by flat-happy; 09-07-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Davenport

Originally posted by flat-happy View Post
      no sir i didn't. i wanted to but had a lot to do there. hopefully i'm getting involved with steve little soon but that's all i can say right now

cory i'm sorry----i paid my $15 and got a call and had to leave so i could hear on the phone just after the first race started. i'll try to call someone to find out who won
      I was there from Thurs. thru Sun.,left after Judging,spent half of Sat. with Martin Brill and Fritz Simmerling,great guy's from Germany,would like to start meeting with more guys into 20's-30's racers,maybe next year!
      Ken S., # 6457
      1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
      1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Thank-you kindly! I heard that there was stiff competition for Jim Wall this year! So I'm just curious who crossed the finish line first. I saw him ride in '07 and was really impressed how he pulled through the turns on that Indian. That fella can ride!
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

Excellent show!

Wanda and Del Schumacher, with the support of the Blackhawk Chapter and other volunteers, outdid themselves again this year!

We spent three days at the event and we have never seen so many booths filled with parts, or vintage bikes for viewing and many for sale.

Thanks to all who work so hard, to put this much anticipated event together, for our enjoyment!

We look forward to "The Big One" every year!

Roger Smith
          AMCA Foundation Secretary

Comment

Cory,
            I was fortunate enough to win again. I honestly kept seeing a shadow and thought somebody was catching me. They say that they where clocking the xr 750ies at 74 mph and me at 73 mph, kinda hard to believe... It was the hardest I ever rode and they tell me it showed in the end. I feel very lucky to be to so comfortable on that machine. If I could just get the Scout up to speed in the same mannerI would be happy.
            Jim

Comment

Wow!! 73 mph on that track! Man that's flying!!! Who was your closest competitor? I know the video from last year showed that The Iron Dinosaur was pretty close behind you. I'm also curious as to what machine Dale Walksler entered. Anyway it's good to hear the results from the "horses mouth". Congrats Jim!
              Cory Othen
              Membership#10953

Comment

An impressive 38 Chief
                Dave Swanson
                1956 FLH
                1969 FLH
                1964 XLCH
                1956 KHK
                1936 VD

AMCA 11659

Comment

Anybody got some good pics of the 741 that was in the museum? I bought the 41 Scout 741 from Matt Blake and he was gracious enough to deliver it to my house on the way home from the swapmeet. It was a good time to buy a bike but not a good time to sell one. Lots of people looking but not many putting the cash down. I had 2 bikes with lower than normal prices and I brought both of them home.

Scott Larson
                  AMCA #13589
                  Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
                  1971 HD FLH
                  1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
                  1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

Originally posted by c.o. View Post
                    Holy Smokes.......!!! Hey, Flathappy do ya know who won the race in the boardtrack class???
                    This guy was racing, I dont think he won tho.
                    John Underwood
                    AMCA#14400
                    Central Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by slarsonroy View Post
                      Anybody got some good pics of the 741 that was in the museum? I bought the 41 Scout 741 from Matt Blake and he was gracious enough to deliver it to my house on the way home from the swapmeet. It was a good time to buy a bike but not a good time to sell one. Lots of people looking but not many putting the cash down. I had 2 bikes with lower than normal prices and I brought both of them home.

Hi Scott,

I just bought a 1942-741 last friday I don't know much about it,when you get a chance could you let me know what is mounted in the area of the horn on the left underside tank?
                      my bike has a coil mounted to the underside of the left tank and no horn would this be where the horn mounts by chance?
                      Thanks in advance
                      Chuck
                      AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Hi Chuck, there are 2 bolts that hold the horn, mounted to hex shaped posts and lugs on the frame on the left side of the front downtube. Looks to be correct but Im also new to these bikes so I cant say that is correct for sure. My coil is mounted between the rear fender and the battery bracket.
                        Scott Larson
                        AMCA #13589
                        Omaha Chapter

1953 HD FLE
                        1971 HD FLH
                        1971 Triumph Bonneville 650
                        1973 Norton Commando 750

Comment

boardtrack results

Jim Wall on 28 Injun of course, That cowboy is really fast !!! Carl Estes Pusherman Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Underdoggie View Post
                            This guy was racing, I dont think he won tho.
                            Ouch!!!!!!
                            Cory Othen
                            Membership#10953

Comment

i guess this is the only known lake to exist

As far as we know it is the first and only known Lake Motorcycle known to exist. Jeff Haberman took an original 1919-1920 Lake v-twin proprietary motor and put it in motorcycle of his own design. Only it happened 90 years after the motor was built. The motor is an exact copy of a Mack v-twin from 1913-14. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lake Motor Co. bought the design from Perry Mack himself. I have a copy of a Lake Motor Co. brochure and it states the motor could have been used in anything from an Aircraft to a Railroad Speeder. So is it a 2009 Lake Motorcycle with an original 1919 motor or a 1919 Lake Motorcycle built in 2009?

I think Jeff did an outstanding job either way!

Dick

Comment

i thought the lake was a work of art
                                www.motorcyclecannonball.com

Comment

Working...
                                X