The Motorcyclist Magazine (1930s-40s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Motorcyclist Magazine (1930s-40s)

Anyone have any issues of this magazine? I just won some on ebay after having seen some at an auction about 4 months ago. Looked pretty neat.

When did they start up the mag? Any idea? Is there anywhere on the internet that has them archived for viewing, etc.?
    "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Motorcyclist began in 1912 and continues to this day. It was published under a variety of guises during that time. The style like yours began in '32 and was billed as the official voice of the AMA. In '47 "American Motorcycling" began to be published by the AMA and "Motorcyclist" soldiered on on their own. I have most issues from '33 to the mid '60s. I also have lots of extras. Fun mags. I also have "American Motorcycling", "Buzzzz", H-D "The Enthusiast", "Cycle", "Cycle World". I really like paper! Other members on this forum also have lots of them. I have also read every single issue I own.
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

If you want to swap or sell your extra "Motorcyclists," I'd be interested. beemer73@sbcglobal.net
      Jerry Hatfield

Comment

Jerry,
        Bruce has been collecting them for years.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Hatfield View Post
          If you want to swap or sell your extra "Motorcyclists," I'd be interested. beemer73@sbcglobal.net
          I have 10's of thousands of motorcycle magazines from 1902 and up including most "motorcyclist" from 1934 up. all for sale

Comment

Thanks, Barry. I've changed my mind. I'll swap but not buy.
            Jerry Hatfield

Comment

no problem and my apologies on the Veteran and Vintage fiasco. I have no excuse other than i have been extremely busy trying to take advantage of our short summers up here as I do not have a proper heated winter shop. if you are still in need i can get the photocopies done.

Comment

Working...
              X