Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Motorcycle Clothing and Intro

Howdy Gang,

Been a member here for several months, but just now posting. A buddy, 1776J, has been stirring the pot regarding vintage MCs and vintage/replica motorcycle clothing and gear which has prodded me into action!

Anyway, for anyone interested, I'd like to recommend 100% accurate wool sweaters. www.oddballbrand.com. I have NO affliation at all with these guys... this IS NOT any type of advertisement. They just make beautiful sweaters exactly as originals. I've got their "harley style" and one which they just released which is red, with black cuffs and "turtlezip" with large NOS H-D wings on chest as shown below.

They fit like originals in that they're fairly snug- not modern droopey sweaters.

As for myself, I used to have a 1937 '45 but have now got and am working on a '77 shovelhead in a rigid frame and springer frontend which will eventually be made to look like a 1937 EL but with '77 motor. Before the "purists" or "critics" come out in droves to tell me what I'm doing doesn't meet XXX standards, at present I can't afford a knuckle so if you can't deal with what I'm doing, move on. For me its about getting a solid sickle and experiencing the riding and nostalgia of the 1930-1949 period of motorcycling. Everyone else, thanks and love being a member of the AMCA!!!

Anyway, enjoy!
    Last edited by ctbrunt; 08-12-2009, 08:50 AM.

thats a sharp looking sweater ct,like to pick one up for myself one day,good luck with your build sounds cool.

Comment

Howdy there pardner!

Join the fun!.... lots of great guys on here, lots of real experience and good knowledgeable fellas, and not the usual arm chair experts!
      "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by gary.h View Post
        thats a sharp looking sweater ct,like to pick one up for myself one day

Oh, wouldn't you look dapper and snazzy in one of those bad boys..........
        Cory Othen
        Membership#10953

Comment

lmao,yup just for riding the 45" eh!

Comment

I E mailed them a question a few days ago. They haven't responded.
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Hey Chris,

They can be slow replying. Which is not a good policy when trying to sell things... But good people and worth the wait !!!!

Clint

Comment

Originally posted by ctbrunt View Post
                Hey Chris,

They can be slow replying. Which is not a good policy when trying to sell things... But good people and worth the wait !!!!

Clint
                Clint,
                The photo you posted here shows sleeves with no stripe on them. But their website shows stripes on the sleeves. I asked if I could get a sweater without the stripes. No reply.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                  Clint,
                  The photo you posted here shows sleeves with no stripe on them. But their website shows stripes on the sleeves. I asked if I could get a sweater without the stripes. No reply.
                  That's strange??

I've been in touch with them off. I know they never answer the phone though... lol.

Keep trying, that's all I can say really. I know they lost a very good friend a few months ago, and they're sorting some things out in the business world,... so that might be taking some time out of their day,.. to much, maybe??
                  "The beauty of life is more the crying baby than the great orchestra." -Woody Guthrie

Comment

Gasoline Cowboys

Hey All,

I've been riding Indians for 20 years and always wanted a Indian race sweater, so about 4 years ago I started researching and after a long while I came across Dehen of Portland, a family owned woolen mill dating back to 1920.

They dusted off their original patterns and made me a run of Indian red and cream sweaters exactly how they were done back in the day. The response from those was so great that we decided to go into business with Dehen to reissue their line of original motorclothes and raceware, these can be found at www.gasolinecowboys.com

As one of the few remaining American Heritage brands, Dehen have been making racing sweaters for 89 years, the fact they are still in business is due to their commitment to quality.

Gasoline Cowboys are proud to be making the AMCA club sweater for this winter. Apart from doing custom club sweaters we have our first range of ready to wear sweaters now available.

attached is our summer weight Indian sweater in the harder to find blue and white getup.

cheers Dave
                    amca#11428
                    www.gasolinecowboys.com
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thats it? Four items!
                      AMCA #3149
                      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Hi Robert

Thats right and we're thrilled with all of them! We ostensibly do custom work but have a ready to wear line as-well.

cheers Dave
                        www.gasolinecowboys.com

Comment

Awesome Sweaters

Hey Dave,
                          I can fully attest to the quality of your sweaters. I personally own 2 of them, and they are the bee's knees where I ever go with 'em. It also feels good that we are up-holding tradition with this all American made items. The quality is excellent, and it's a lifetime sweater. I'm especially fond of the summer weight now, but winter is coming, and I'll soon progress into my much warmer Winter Weave.
                          I'm glad you stepped up to the plate, and are offering these great items.
                          Thanks, RF.

Comment

Originally posted by gasoline cowboys View Post
                            Hi Robert

Thats right and we're thrilled with all of them! We ostensibly do custom work but have a ready to wear line as-well.

cheers Dave
                            www.gasolinecowboys.com
                            Dave I navigated the rest of the site. They are beautiful sweaters. The history read is great (Militery and social skills). I want one of the Thor ones. Guess I’ll just have to keep leaving that page up on the computer on the kitchen counter to enlighten certain people. Bob L
                            AMCA #3149
                            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I agree those sweaters are fabulous! I don't know how to decide on just one.

I would love an Indian one and then maybe a Harley one. Odd or unusual color combinations would be cool too (loved the orange and green one on the website).

I too am going to leave their page up on the computer to drop a few hints.

joe

Comment

Working...
                              X