Buddy Seat Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy Seat Question?

I bought an old mid-sixties buddy seat that I'm gonna use on my Pan-Shovel Frankenbike, I want to disassemble it to clean it up, the rail looks like crap, etc. My question is, the rubber/vinyl covered skirt is looking pretty old & brittle, is there any way to soften it up some? I think if I tried to remove it from the grab rail in it's current state I'd probably do some serious damage, just wondered if anyone had any tips to make it more flexible?

Try using a hair dryer to heat the plastic/rubber a bit. It should make it flexible enough to remove. And yes, I have tried this method!!!--Michael -6671

Comment

Thanks Paquette,

I was wondering if something along those lines would work, I'll give it a try!

Comment

Hoglover--Just wondering if the hair dryer did any good? Personally--those who have met me know I have no use for one--Michael LOL

Comment

Michael,

Hair dryer trick worked like a charm. The skirt was actually more flexible than I originally thought, but I didn't want to take chances anyway. And FYI, I had to borrow the hair dryer from my mom, ask Paps or Ohio-Rider, I don't exactly have any other use for one of those things either!

Mike

Comment

I wasn't going to say anything Mike. I'm in the same boat as you.
            Now, Paps is sporting quite a mane so he may know a bit more about those grooming aids than we do.
            ------------
            Steve
            AMCA #7300

Comment

Steve,

I guess some of us are just more "folically-challenged" than others

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X