Davenport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davenport

I am going to my first AMCA meet, in Davenport, I was in the quad cities last week and was checking out the fair grounds, its pretty big, is it permissible to take a golf cart or atv to cut down on the walking?
    John Underwood
    AMCA#14400
    Central Illinois

For the most part, you can. I think they have certain times during the day that you're not supposed to ride around anything motorized. Not sure how much that is enforced, though.

Comment

You can't find parts ya want when yer sittin on a golf cart. Buy a good bag you can carry over you sholder for parts and enjoy the 2 hour walk. I am sure you will walk it more than once.
      If ya think Davenport is big ya outta try Hershey. It takes 26 miles to cover the meet once.
      Be sure to visit;
      http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
      Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
      Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Mr. U's machine don't need no parts, I assure everyone.
        Or at least the gem I've viewed.
        The Meet is about other things, too, y'know.

And what about us old and crippled?
        My best bicycle blew the front tire jumping a curb on the way to the tractor meet. And the dog isn't even allowed,.. must less up to a saddle.
        So some more utility vehicles never hurt. Safety and common sense rules, naturally.

Two hours walk? All day if you are serious at all.
        Or is Chris predicting rain?
        (boo)

...Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Use of motor vehicles at Davenport 2009

"CHIEF BLACKHAWK 2009 DAVENPORT TRAFFIC & RULES

Due to high traffic in vending area there will be ABSOLUTELY NO car, truck, motorcycle, or any motorized transportation, in the vending area Friday and Saturday between the hours of 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with the exception of handicapped, staff and law enforcement.

If Security feels that the motorized traffic is too bad at anytime we will follow their request and shut down motorized traffic until they feel it is safe, with the exception of handicapped, staff and law enforcement. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you, but it is for all of our safety and the attendee’s safety.

Chief Blackhawk members will assist in ANY WAY we can, to provide golf cart transportation for people in need during this time. Just let us know how we can help."

Comment

No more Motorized Shopping Carts and Bar Stools ?
            William McClean
            AMCA # 60

Comment

Bummer as my motorised shopping cart works great for hauling things in and out of the vending areas but I can see there point. Guess I'll just have to wait untill the "all's clear" sign has been givin.
              20scout

Comment

Mid Ohio

Restrictions are certainly understandable.

Especially, after experiencing the congestion at Mid-Ohio
                this year, with the increase in scooters and mini-bikes zipping
                between the spectators, failing to stop when entering the
                roadway, etc.

From what AMA said ..... if an unlicensed driver, on an unlicensed
                vehicle .... God Forbid ..... ever hit somebody .... the operator
                has no insurance coverage. Because they have never seen a
                auto/vehicle insurance policy that covers unlicensed drivers,
                operating unlicensed vehicle. And Homeowners policies
                don't cover motor vehicle collisions. Ouch! .... no insurance in
                todays society.
                Last edited by RSmith; 08-07-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Ok, I get it, too bad too, its actuially an antique, 1974 Honda XR75. Maybe I can ride in the basket on the front of Cotten's bicycle. This is my first meet and I know I will like it so walking is no problem.
                  John Underwood
                  AMCA#14400
                  Central Illinois

Comment

Working...
                  X