Places to ride around LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve

If you were coming to Wisconsin a little sooner all you would have to do is pick a road and go. Northern Wisconsin is beautiful. Real hard to get lost except if you head south. Go north and you hit Lake Superior, west the Mississippi/St Croix River, east you hit Lake Michigan.

Jerry

Comment

Here is another site to visit if you are interested in riding in and around Yosimite. Yosimite has been the location of numerous AMCA Road Runs and a great place to ride.

http://liveoncelivewild.com/complete-guide-yosemite/

Comment

Keith,
        You may want to re-think the Yosemite areas unless you have a bag of marshmellows you want to toast.
        Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 07-27-2017, 06:12 AM.
        D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

I lived in Orange county in the mid 80's , My friend had a 600 Honda street /dirt single cylinder. We used to go East into the hills .Go way out and get into the desert area.There was great riding especially for that model of bike . From Irvine to San Clemente is cool too, down the 5. There was some good remote riding back then.The hills might be on fire. If not, they will be soon.LA county is a little more populated to the East , never rode up there. Freeways on Saturday mornings were dead, you could go anywhere without a traffic jam. Stay off the freeways on Friday evenings, unless you like to sit in one spot

Comment

New riders pick a destination and go. Seasoned riders pick a direction and go. :-)
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

X(*=*)x wtf???
              Last edited by JoJo357; 08-01-2018, 01:45 AM.

Comment

I was going to get involved in this conversation until I realized it was almost 9 years old. Jerry

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                New riders pick a destination and go. Seasoned riders pick a direction and go. :-)

Comment

G’day fellas.
                  Dunno how this old thread got new life, but I do appreciate the kindness of people giving ideas.
                  We just got back from a trip to the UK. Our middle son just graduated from his Masters over there, so we went and watched the hat throwing ceremony and spent some time with him.
                  This means I don't have play money to travel to Davenport. Thanks again for the ideas.

Regards Steve
                  Steve Little
                  Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                  Australia.
                  AMCA member 1950

Comment

Steve, if you're ever in the mood for a low dollar, sparse traffic experience in the deep South; there's always our L.A. (lower Alabama). . . Okay, I'm sorry
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                      Steve, if you're ever in the mood for a low dollar, sparse traffic experience in the deep South; there's always our L.A. (lower Alabama). . . Okay, I'm sorry
                      he he I haven't explored that part of the US yet.
                      Steve Little
                      Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                      Australia.
                      AMCA member 1950

Comment

Working...
                      X