No announcement yet.

January 2010 - The 1st year Honda Gold Wing will be AMCA eligible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kyle i think that means you will have to give it to chris----something about a curse------

Comment

Interesting posts on this thread. I know nothing will be resolved by harping on any of this. Just one thing bothers me, though. It would seem to be some people's opinion that any rich idiot that can scarf up, or be lucky enough to stumble on valid "old Machines" is cool to the club. But anybody who works, sweats blood, and manages to get a "newer Bike" together is just wasting their time. And then there is the money thing. I mean, who doesn't want their stuff to be gold? I love the old machines, and people like Dae Walksler, etc. that put these machines out there to be heard and seen in all their glory, and historical significance, are to be applauded. Man. did you see his latest video on the cut downs? Wow! That is inspirational. But if I feel like a second rate member of the club because my oldest bike is 1965, then I will have to look elswhere. As far as the Goldwings, I have some wild funny stories about the first one I saw, with the crazy canuck Louie on it, outrunning everything in town. And getting arrested because his stereo was too loud. A stereo on a bike? That was so strange, even though Harley had done it, I hadn't been exposed to one of theirs. Even though they have the soul of a taxi, I put a whole lotta miles on a used '86 I bought. Then I bought a 1500 Wing. Worst bike I evr had! You wanna talk about boring! And big and heavy! It was like getting a big cab, and tractor trailer, when all I needed was a pick up truck. Got rid of it after one month!! And I usually keep my bikes for a decade or more. So if you wanna do an old 1000, go ahead, and knock yourself out. Just don't look for a lot of people in this club to line up to look at it. Maybe if you put it in Jurrasic Park. Mike

Comment

i learned a lot on a gold chicken first thing how to ride a street bike no biggie we rode it in the dirt most the time second thing never do some idiot a favor. the gold chicken didn't run and this guy was getting fines for an eye sore in his yard so he gave us the gold chicken this guy was a friends brother inlaw.we took it and wrenched on that thing a few nights on summer vaction. just a few 15year olds having fun. bike fired and we rode it all over dirt, woods, street you name it. then the prick saw it run and wants it back or $800. learned alot about tittles that summer. the brother inlaw guy learned alot about glass deductibles on his pride f250
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

and the quote of the day goes to------SOUL OF A TAXI CAB----i like it

Comment

In my opinion the meet size won't get out of hand.

The Brit bikes of the 40's 50's and 60's are still in a small minority at AMCA meets even though they outsold HD and Indian many times over in their heyday.

Japanese stuff will work out the same i think. The enthusiasts of Brit, German, Italian and Japanese machines tend to flock with their own kind.

I think AMCA meets will stay primarily American Iron. 10 years till the first EVO gets judged!
            Dave Swanson
            1956 FLH
            1969 FLH
            1964 XLCH
            1956 KHK
            1936 VD

AMCA 11659

Comment

Gold WIngs are nice and should be allowed into the club and all of you should welcome them withopen arms, Now with that being said I will never find anything good about any MC that is not made in the U.S.A. This whole thing has gotten WAY out of hand ! Sorry it just pisses me off to no end and Half the people here that have U.S.A. MCs are soooo far from being BIKERS is unbelieveable !! time for some to stop patting themselves on the back !! So put that in youir pipe and smoke it !!

Comment

Got A Light??? And Some Pretzels???? Maybe A Brownie???

Comment

If you belong to an all makes bike club with a 35 year rule, then you have to take the consequences but, my goodness,those years are flying by now. Some of my pals reckon that when the Harley Evos become 35 years old then that's the day they leave the AMCA. I note the VJMC runs a 20 year rule, except that they'll freeze it at 1990 in 2011. I suppose the AMCA could freeze the 35 year rule in 2019/2020 when those Evos are trying to join our Club. Judging by past discussions, it could take until then to reach an agreement, given there are probably slightly more opinions than club members.

Comment

I think it's just a matter of time and a receptive economy that will bring a new vintage motorcycle club to the scene. I'm amazed that it hasn't happened already considering the "Foundation" imbroglio of '07,'08. Let's face the facts, the AMCA, is a Knucklehead/Panhead/Indian Chief club that tolerates other brands. When I went to my first AMCA meets in the early 70's it was all antiques and the real good stuff too. People rode to the meets on a Knucklehead to see a Pope, Excelsior, or Emblem. Now they ride to an AMCA meet on a Gold Wing, or Evo to see Knucks and Pans. Some day you'll look at a 1985 Suzuki YaYa1000 and marvel at how antique it looks. As for me, I should be dead by then.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Don't count on it Eric. I thought i would be dead twenty years ago but keep waking up each morning.

By the way, you forgot to mention our flatheads in the list.
                      ------------
                      Steve
                      AMCA #7300

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio-Rider View Post
                        Don't count on it Eric. I thought i would be dead twenty years ago but keep waking up each morning.

By the way, you forgot to mention our flatheads in the list.
                        That's a good one Steve.
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by DaveSwanson View Post
                          In my opinion the meet size won't get out of hand.

The Brit bikes of the 40's 50's and 60's are still in a small minority at AMCA meets even though they outsold HD and Indian many times over in their heyday.

Japanese stuff will work out the same i think. The enthusiasts of Brit, German, Italian and Japanese machines tend to flock with their own kind.

I think AMCA meets will stay primarily American Iron. 10 years till the first EVO gets judged!
                          for what I saw at wauseon this year I don't know if that will be true - all those people riding around on those little dirt bikes, no care for anyone else riding vintage iron or walking. I am not talking the young kids who are learning this from their elders.

daddy is bringing these "chainsaws on wheels" to ride - not the vintage iron these meets are intended for

aka HAWG
                          1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                          1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                          1940 indian chief military
                          1965 sportster xlch
                          1969 sportster xlch bobber
                          1971 bsa A65 chopper
                          1969 harley ss350 sprint
                          1960 harley topper
                          1963 harley topper
                          H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                          H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                          1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                          1959 harley model 165
                          1960 harley super 10
                          1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                          EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

You're right about that aka HAWG. I love seeing a vintage bike being ridden at a meet. It's beauty and poetry in motion. Unlike seeing some fat bastard trying to bend the frame of a noisy, smokey 2 stroke mini bike. They should listen to their doctors and walk these meets.
                            Last edited by exeric; 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

i hope to see a lot more about this on here. there was no need for what was going on at wauseon. too bad that the organizers wait until someone is seriously injured to do something about it. we were camped out by the interstate and the back row by the new fire station became a drag strip for the young kids. so supervision at all and their parents don't care as long as they were out of sight out of mind. i think they should have to pay $30 apiece for anything they are riding around on and if they don't have an operators license they shouldn't be allowed to ride inside the grounds at all. it's different if you are buying parts and need transportation for you and the parts back to the truck. those kids weren't buying a thing just being a pain in the ass. there is a difference between a kid having fun and being a pain in the ass. you can have fun without making other people miserable. i've seen it happen

Comment

Truth is, the "handicapped" parking spots should be located as far out as possible. Most I see using them today need the excersize. Don't get all PC on me. It's just my observation, and opinion. I can still have one of each, can't I? And people riding minis ariound at meets? Haven't we discussed that before? Something about respect, and safety, and just the general atmosphere at meets. One of these times, somebody might just start knocking those obnoxious fools off of the contraptions. There are usually carts available at the meets. Maybe we need John P. to adjust their attitude. And, you know, I have a neighbor that can't seem to get his insanely loud yard tractor started before 9 at night, then mows his yard with the light on. He would fit right in with some of our fools.
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X