Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington & Oregon: Who's coming to Tenino, Aug 15 &16?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington & Oregon: Who's coming to Tenino, Aug 15 &16?

The Evergreen Chapter of the AMCA is putting on the 29th Annual Swap Meet, Show, and Ride on Aug 15 &16.

There is no admission fee and camping is five bucks.

Tenino is about halfway between Seattle and Portland, a few miles SE of Olympia.

Everyone is welcome to bring their bike, enter it in the show (free of charge--great plaques), and go on the ride.

This is great event. Who's going to be there?

Old parts pile for Tenino

I will be there with a trailer full of parts. Mostly Indian stuff but I will have a mixture of parts. Just found an old pile of parts that I will be taking to Tenino and from there it will go to Davenport. Row P Space 7,8, and 9. Been going to Tenino of 15 years and it just keeps getting worse. No parts to buy and few customers. It's 800 mile round trip for me and last year I sold $90 there. It's hard to go but I like the meet. See you there , Terry Marsh

Comment

Glad to have you, Terry. We're working hard to make it a better meet. If you have any suggestions, we'd be glad to hear them.

Comment

Here's the flier for this year. Pass it around!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Moon Wolf, I would ask Ziggy to Please come,and stop charging him for all those spaces. call Matt Smitt too. With out vendors you don't have a meet. You have alot of members that don't support this meet, your own club members. ASK them to bring parts and to come, they don't now. Get on the phone and talk to them.

Comment

We've spoken with Ziggy several times. He's on the fence about coming. We agree that he shouldn't have been charged so much last year and have taken steps to remedy the problem.
            Last edited by moon wolf; 08-03-2009, 09:38 PM.

Comment

I'll be there, Moonwolf.

Comment

It's a small meet, but the only one in the northwest. I always have a great time there, even if I don't find anything. Maybe with the down economy, people will drag stuff out of the woodwork!

Comment

Things are looking up. Several of the major vendors have now said they will be coming, so come and support them and the meet.

And don't forget the show. We have a knowledgeable crowd, and we'll also have some awards that the less-than-councourse-ready bikes can win. There is no entry fee, and the awards will be given out right before the ride on Saturday.

In fact, we'd like everyone to bring their bike and go on the ride.

If you need further information, you can ask here or send us an email at Ever*greenAMCA@gmail.com (please remove the star)

Mike Taylor
                  Vice President
                  Evergreen Chapter, AMCA

Comment

Dear Moon Wolf, my suggestion is to start AMCA judging at Tenino. It's a looong way to the next nearest judging site, and us hard core members like to judge each others bikes. You have Steve White half an hour up the road who is a senior judge, and I'll be seeing other North West members judging at Davenport next month. You might get Californian guys dragging there bikes up to Tenino after running them through judging at Dixon, and the Vancouver area owners could be tempted to run their machines down too. Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Slocombe View Post
                      Dear Moon Wolf, my suggestion is to start AMCA judging at Tenino. It's a looong way to the next nearest judging site, and us hard core members like to judge each others bikes. You have Steve White half an hour up the road who is a senior judge, and I'll be seeing other North West members judging at Davenport next month. You might get Californian guys dragging there bikes up to Tenino after running them through judging at Dixon, and the Vancouver area owners could be tempted to run their machines down too. Best regards.

We would like to do that, Steve, but it's still a couple years out. It's difficult to find qualified judges where none exist. It's a worthwhile endeavor, and one we are attempting to lay the groundwork for.

Comment

It's this weekend.

We've had some great luck with some of the more well known vendors signing on in the eleventh hour.

Come out and support them and the meet.

Hope to see you there.

Comment

I will be there Friday afternoon with a fresh load of Indian parts. Two Wall of Death bikes. A 101 and an early scout. Both from Fl. rode by Cyclone Smith and Speedy MeNaely or so I was told. A JR Scout with most of the parts and some 741 stuff. Terry Marsh

Comment

I'll stop in Friday evening to see what's going on. Since I live real close, it's just a nice little ride......
                            Of course I'll spend the day Saturday snooping around, too....

Comment

That's great, Rooster. There should be a lot of bikes there to look at on Saturday.

We're having a "show" too--no entry fee and nice plaques. Bring your bike at 10 am. We'll have a brief awards ceremony before the afternoon ride on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X