this week?

Thanks!

No AMCA at Mid Ohio

"Sorry to say, the AMCA does not have a booth
    at the AMA Mid Ohio Vintage Bike Days. Biggest vintage
    bike event in America, but no AMCA. Tim Belback"

OK. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I don't see any reason to support the AMA's version of Mid Ohio this year, after they pulled the rug out from under AHRMA. If anyone knows the real story behind that, I'm sure they'd be pretty disgusted.

I'm sure the racing will be a joke.

Comment

So whats the deal Tom. I hadn't heard about anything. -Steve
        ------------
        Steve
        AMCA #7300

Comment

One of our bikes is racing in the AHRMA circuit right now,

I try to be open minded, cuz I know there's always two sides to a story.

However, when the same version keeps coming around, it's hard to not lean that way.

In short, the "facts" are That the AMA decided not to "back" AHRMA anymore...(which AHRMA needs to be able to afford expensive venues like Mid-o). Used to be you HAD to even be an AMA member, in order to race AHRMA even.

The "rumor" is......one disgruntled AHRMA member, sued AHRMA, and lost, so he threatened to sue the AMA, if they continued to support AHRMA, and the AMA went with it.

The bottom line appears to be.....one angry guy can't play nice and is screwing it up for ALL vintage racing.

But that is of course all rumor, and conjecture.

Comment

Tom,
            It is the truth, one individaul has been the source of much grief for the vast majority in vintage racing order to get his "piece of mind". It surely is a bummer.
            Jim

Comment

so lets name that individual and put pressure on them to stop. one person shouldn't have that much power. the relationship has been too good for too long to let that happen. this is affecting a lot of people. i only live a few miles away and i'm staying home

Comment

People complain about paying for $4.00 parking at Wauseon. Lets talk about how much vintage motorcycle days cost to get into. What is it this year $25 per person plus parking? That is why I am staying away.

Comment

O.K.

Wow ..... Sorry this became so involved.

All I wanted to do, was buy an AMCA T-shirt
                  if we had the new clothing at a show booth.

I will order one online.

Comment

who??? if we start naming names that kind of stupid behavior will stop. if you give them anonymity to hide behind it will just get worse. who said we are not their kind of people????

Comment

It is a crying shame about the AMA and AHRMA not being able to work things out. I have heard a few versions of hat happened, but most of them revolve around the same basic facts.

I am frustrated that politics, egos and personal agendas are getting in the way of us all enjoying our passions and hobby. So I am moving beyond all that and plan on having as much fun in as many venues as I can with my old motorcycles and friends.

So, after several months of planning and preparing I pulled into the hotel outside the Mid-Ohio racetrack with my 1924 Harley JD in the back of the company truck. No, I did not ride the 85 year old Harley from Connecticut to Ohio - I trucked it out.

Sure are a lot of great old motorcycles in the parking lot and I am looking forward to checking out all the old motorcycles and action there when the gates open in a few hours.

My plan is to leave my old Harley on display at the American Motorcyclist Association's 85th Anniversary tent today and to ride it in the big parade tomorrow.
                      Buzz Kanter
                      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
                      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
                      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

It would seem that the current leadership of the AMA is directing it to ruin.
                        Be sure to visit;
                        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

carpe dieum

Buzz,

Enjoy the Day and the event !

Ignore the snollygasters.
                          William McClean
                          AMCA # 60

Comment

Originally posted by tst
                            I asked the AMA if they would like to take part in the Rhinebeck National and have a display i was told we are not their kind of people, then he followed up that the AMA was about the Riders?, i stopped trying to talk to him after that comment
                            Tim
                            Curious who at the AMA said that and what was his or her position at the AMA? Sounds kinda fishy to me.
                            Buzz Kanter

Comment

Originally posted by William McClean View Post
                              Buzz,

Enjoy the Day and the event !

Ignore the snollygasters.
                              Not sure what snollygasters are, but had a great time with my 1924 Harley JD there and ot a couple of laps of the racetrack on it.

I am as concerned about the politics and hidden agendas as anyone when it comes to motorcycles and am willing to work hard to try and smooth things out. But real problems seem to exist and I am hoping we can deal with them in an honest and straightforward manner.
                              Buzz Kanter

Comment

Working...
                              X