Garbage cans at Wauseon OH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage cans at Wauseon OH

Do you they will empty the garbage cans this weekend last year the cans were overflowing and BEE`S were buzzing all over??????!!!!!
    they should at least empty 1 time this weekend
    Have John Prusknek do it he was not doing nothing else

They emptied them where I was morning and night. paps

Comment

they were overflowin at my spot too....i shoulda took the damn thing and dragged it over to the hi rent district to let it rot there. maybe it's because we are back row guys??

Comment

guess they forgot this one Paps; at the main gate in 2009....this is how it looked saturday morning.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sludge, I entered the main gate at 9:30am saturday. Lots of folks where still sleeping. It was pretty early, but I didn't notice any thrash. Except for the guys I came with.
          ------------
          Steve
          AMCA #7300

Comment

Steve !!! You worried the HELL out of me ! I looked everywhere for ya. I figured I would see ya at the judging but didn't pick you out even there. Studied every Pan I came across also. The damn beer got warm lookin for ya ! But now I feel a bit better. You are ok. The worst always comes to mind when I can't locate someone. A real bummer I didn't get to touch bases with you though. Paps

Comment

Do I know you? Apparently you're unhappy with the 135 fine Wauseon National volunteers who donate their time and talents (you called us 'clowns' in another post, and put that frowny guy next to my name) and me in particular for not taking out your garbage.
              Let me say for the record that the Fulton County Fairgrounds maintenance crew is responsible for garbage pickup. If you had a problem you could have mentioned it to one of us clowns and we would have taken off our red noses and put down our horns and tried to do something about it.
              If you're going to Davenport, I'll be camping up against the back of Keppy hall, white trailer, green Yukon. Right across from Kevin Valentine, usually.
              Perhaps you'd like to drop by and tell me in person just what else I need to do for you .
              I can give your attitude a tuneup at the same time.

John Prusnek

Originally posted by flathead tom View Post
              Do you they will empty the garbage cans this weekend last year the cans were overflowing and BEE`S were buzzing all over??????!!!!!
              they should at least empty 1 time this weekend
              Have John Prusknek do it he was not doing nothing else

Comment

Funny thing about that full trash can pic. Saturday morning, right next to me, was an empty can. A few minutes later, it was full. Two to three campers filled it from their previous evenings cook out and gathering of friends. Truck came by within the hour and emptied it again. Paps

Comment

friday morning the county sanation dept. drove by and emptied the can by me.
                  rob ronky #10507
                  www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

It really doesn't take long to fill one. I also witnessed a dumped can. A little woman went strolling by with her dog on a leash. the dog decided to take to the opposite side of the can as she and it passed by. Needless to say, the leash tipped the can over. the little woman stood it back up and returned all of the trash to the can.

Comment

the can by me seemed to alway be empty - even when I put thing into it :-), but seriously I did see them being emptied, possibly they needed more than once a day. Am I to believe it is the fairground's responsiblity??? maybe A note should be sent to them, not posted here - bad press for future possible people joing or attending meet - just my 3 1/2 cents worth ( 2 cent's converted to canadian )

aka HAWG
                      1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                      1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                      1940 indian chief military
                      1965 sportster xlch
                      1969 sportster xlch bobber
                      1971 bsa A65 chopper
                      1969 harley ss350 sprint
                      1960 harley topper
                      1963 harley topper
                      H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                      H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                      1949 harley model 125 bobber project
                      1959 harley model 165
                      1960 harley super 10
                      1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
                      EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

trash cans

Funny thing about those trash cans they're portable. Just move them away from you before they fill up. The one by me was emptied regularly. But even if it wasn't I wouldn't let it spoil my weekend.
                        Dave

Comment

Garbage management

Tom,

This is Suzanne Prusnek and I'm on the committee that organizes and runs the meet. As stated previously, it is the responsibility of the fairgrounds to empty the garbage. This is very difficult to do during the day, as they use a flatbed trailer pulled by a tractor to pick up the full cans. They do make the rounds, I'm sure you've seen them, but probably can't get to every can as it fills up. I will bring up your comment to the committee in the fall and see if we can improve the situation.

Now having said that, please remember now that we have the races on Friday night there is a huge influx of people into the meet that are not camping or vending. This probably results in the can at the front gate filling up quickly. Perhaps we need a second can there.

While we try to keep the meet clean and organized, sometimes we are just so busy that we cannot catch all the details. I can tell you that we all are working our fannies off, manning the gates, registering bikes to be judged, selling t-shirts, responding to vendor issues (car in someone's spot, ect.). I am constantly running back and forth (sometimes literally, when I don't have my scout or access to a golf cart), putting out fires and trying to address problems.

I am, however, disappointed that you fixate on this issue, yet fail to mention how you liked the rest of the meet. I assume your comments were generated from last years meet due to the date of your posting (if not, I'd like to borrow your time machine, LOL).

Please be aware that we are very interested in your feedback about the meet. If you experience any problems or have a suggestion, please report it to the registration booth and it will be documented. I collect all these comments (we have a book at each gate) and we address them at the next Wauseon committee meeting, if not immediately.

So aside from all of that, how did you like the meet this year?

Comment

Hi Suzanne. A regular garbage truck emptied the cans at my end of the grounds. I also saw the wagon picking up the trash. My compliments to the great job you folks did for the meet. Paps

Comment

I thought the meet was great. Thanks for all your hard work. This just goes to show that no matter how hard you try you will never please everyone. Some folks go through life just wanting to bitch. That's life, they are the ones missing out. If the full garbage can really bothered anyone I'm sure nobody would have minded if the complainer would have secured a garbage bag and bagged up the excess. This is a VOLUNTEER organization after all. It doesn't matter who the sponsors are. Keep up the good work!! I, for one appreciated it. John Lindemann

Comment

Working...
                              X