X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

Another NWC: 1918 HD

After the baby stroller of last time, I can not avoid the temptation to post a second zero C.I. oldtimer ! This one, unlike the stroller, has yes two wheels and increases the chances of acceptance from the AMCA judges...

The "machine" is unfinished as you can see, some things still remain! Ahooga horn, saddle, lamp, fenders, original "non-skid" (!) tires (that can only be saved with polyurethane instead air)... They will come with time...

The first picture is there to soften the critics about having repainted it! It was really in a sad condition...

Comment

my 47 knuckle bobber

hey everyone, your bikes look great! here's mine....my goal is to own and ride this bike till i die without ever washing it or trailering it....or having it judged by anybody except the local flotsom and jetsom.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sludge; 07-16-2009, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Chris

Very nice looking bike. As long as you ask - the spotlights are mid 1949 pan and up - not knucklehead, they should have the longer stems.

Jerry

Comment

I hope you put some bolts in the crash bar and fender mount before you ride it. Have I ever told you about the Gypsy Curse?
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by sludge View Post
                hey everyone, your bikes look great! here's mine....my goal is to own and ride this bike till i die without ever washing it or trailering it....or having it judged by anybody except the local flotsom and jetsom.
                Righteous bike. Your plan sounds similar to mine. I could probably have planned to just buy a new Road King once my kids college debts are paid off. Or I could "buy" a new 1965 FLH that happens to be in my garage. Ride it till I die and hand it off to my son.

Guess what I'm going to do? He's familiar with the project, and knows what it's worth.
                Ray
                AMCA #7140

Comment

Originally posted by rbenash View Post
                  Righteous bike. Your plan sounds similar to mine. I could probably have planned to just buy a new Road King once my kids college debts are paid off. Or I could "buy" a new 1965 FLH that happens to be in my garage. Ride it till I die and hand it off to my son.

Guess what I'm going to do? He's familiar with the project, and knows what it's worth.
                  Your plan sounds kind of similar to mine. My youngest son is one of the reasons I joined the AMCA. He has shown a big interest in my 65FL, he will probably get that bike when I go but I ain't ready yet. We plan on going to our first AMAC meet in Davenport together.
                  John Underwood
                  AMCA#14400
                  Central Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by Underdoggie View Post
                    Your plan sounds kind of similar to mine. My youngest son is one of the reasons I joined the AMCA. He has shown a big interest in my 65FL, he will probably get that bike when I go but I ain't ready yet. We plan on going to our first AMAC meet in Davenport together.
                    Hey UD. Yes. I'm getting my 3 older bikes back on the road. The 65 Pan is first, should be done this year. Then my 81 GL1100i which will be a winners circle original once it's 35 years old, it doesn't need much work at all. The '59 BMW R 26 should be road ready pretty quick. That will be a reproduction unfortunately since it was repainted years ago, but otherwise is all original and complete. I will be posting photos along the way. He get's all three. So far his favorite and the one he's anxious to ride is the R26, but that's just because he's skittish about getting on the big ones and dropping one. He'll get over that.

Then there's that '47 Fleetmaster Coupe.....

All 4 will be his when I have to leave.

Sounds like you're a little ahead of me, but I'll catch up!
                    Last edited by rbenash; 07-16-2009, 06:34 PM.
                    Ray
                    AMCA #7140

Comment

It's true regarding the rear crash bar, Chris... Is just "in position" waiting to find the right bolts to the fender - those with the nut-up, head down... Regarding the fenders, I didn't get it! Where are bolts missing?
                      Uh? "Gipsy Curse"? You will need to explain that to this non-english speaker!

Jerry: thanks for the feedback about the spot lights! I didn't know that one... Do you know more? Is just the length of the stem or is also the body? How longer should be the stem? I am somehow confused because I always thought these stems were only for springers. For information, mine have a switch, say "Guide S-H2" in the riveted bracket and have also the same Guide logo (with script "Guide") as the one in the main headlamp. Hope it helps to define them.

Let me know!

Many thanks and kind regards.

Chris.

Comment

Chris,
                        The early spotlights ('38-'48) have a focus screw in the rear center as well as the taller mounts. The bulb, reflector, and bulb holder are also different than the later -49 part number light.
                        Robbie
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Chris in Japan View Post
                          It's true regarding the rear crash bar, Chris... Is just "in position" waiting to find the right bolts to the fender - those with the nut-up, head down... Regarding the fenders, I didn't get it! Where are bolts missing?
                          Uh? "Gipsy Curse"? You will need to explain that to this non-english speaker!

Chris.

The same bolts mount the fender and crashbar.
                          The Gypsy Curse is attached to an old "Barn Fresh" motorcycle. I am the only person who can remove it. So I will forward my address so you can ship the Knuck to me and I will dispose of it properly.
                          This Gypsy Curse is nothing to toy with.
                          Be sure to visit;

Comment

Mom - is that you? Hey - is that my Mom??
                            Ray
                            AMCA #7140

Comment

That is Mrs. Ganush from "Drag Me To Hell". A gypsy woman you don't want to piss off.
                              Be sure to visit;

Comment

here is my non winners circle bike, possibly was and old police bike ( still tracking past owners ) but because it is a military chief it must be painted olive drab - found that out today while in the judging field, had to move to period modified or be judged as a restored machine and lose multiple points because it is no longer military

aka hawg
                                Last edited by aka HAWG; 07-19-2009, 08:20 PM.
                                1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
                                1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
                                1940 indian chief military
                                1965 sportster xlch
                                1969 sportster xlch bobber
                                1971 bsa A65 chopper
                                1969 harley ss350 sprint
                                1960 harley topper
                                1963 harley topper
                                H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
                                H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
                                1949 harley model 125 bobber project