Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Winner Circle

Dear all,

This thread is being inaugurated for all those that have a Winner Circle awarded motorcycle and wish to post their pictures here.

Direct attachment or Photobucket can be used, but please do not remove the pictures since the links won't work anymore.

Essential description as make, model and year is almost mandatory. Information about the owner is optional. Soft facts about the motorcycle's own history is highly welcomed!

As a result of the chat, the aim of this thread is to offer to those doing a restoration a "first hand" information of "how things should be right".

I hope the project succeeds!

Kind regards to all.

Chris.

none

Bump

Comment

Let's rename "Circle" with "Dot"!

Comment

Chris, I think this project needs to have it's own place here on the forum or in the library. I don't think it can be mixed in with forum topics becuase it will just get lost and difficult for people to easily access. In talking with people about this very worthwhile research tool, they felt it should be under the organizational skills of a curator. Larry Barnes comes to mind but I don't know what the status of the library is, or if the club has any future expansion plans for the library. To most club member's way of thinking, this project should be free, simple to download, and upload, and easy to find the bike your interested in. As I said before, most people have a digital camera and know how to send pictures over the internet. If they don't, someone could take pictures of their bike at a national meet or have it done by a friend with some computer knowledge. I think that once we have an "official" place to upload/download pictures too, that this project could really take off, and take on a life of it's own. I have never heard anyone say that a picture archive is a bad idea, but I have heard many people say that they can't believe we don't have such a resource.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Exeric
          you must be a mind reader, Larry and I were talking about this at Wauseon this weekend, just need to figure a way to get it done. I suggested detail pictures with a story about what the owner needed to do to get the bike finished. it would be free for people to view and download, so they can then get their own bike done
          Kevin Valentine 13
          EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Thanks Eric, I fully understand your point.

I want only to add from own experience that often young ideas die because of excess of caution and preparation! Simplicity is mandatory at start.

Improvisation is welcomed in an early stage and you can afterwards always reorganize to whatever more suitable database.

But something is sure: the idea of the thread was simple but not a good one since no material has been collected yet!

Comment

Working...
            X