Vintage Motorcyle People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Motorcyle People

Thought I’d share a special moment I had last evening. I stopped by a local watering hole last night while out and about on the 45 and what a treat I was in for. As I’m pulling into the gravel parking lot I noticed at least two dozen vintage motorcycles all parked next to one another. Around here that in its self is pretty amazing. But what made it even more amazing is that each and every one of them had been ridden in. I thought I knew just about every vintage cycle and its owner with in twenty miles of here. I did know a few of the guys but the majority of them where complete strangers to me till last night.

There where Vincent’s, Triumphs, Harleys and a couple gorgeous Indians. Each and every one of them was immaculate. Not a beater in the crowd. Now let me get to the special moment part. There was a gentleman there with a 1925 JD that he had ridden fifteen miles to the get together. We got to talking over a few beers and he jokingly asked if I would mind if he could borrow my 45 to run home to get more money. So I jokingly replied sure if when he got back I could take his JD for a ride. I about fell over when he said that would be fine with him. I’ll tell you what, that seemed like an eternity waiting for him to return. I can now proudly claim to have ridden a 1925 JD. I don’t think this smile will ever leave my face. My Mrs. was pretty happy too cause when I got home I was feeling pretty frisky.

We’re all going to try and make a regular event of getting together once a month. Maybe neck time I’ll get to ride my first Indian. You meet the nicest people on vintage bikes.
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

That's pretty cool, Steve. Be sure to take your camera next time, too.!

Comment

That is cool Steve ! Reel me into that group, as soon as my WLA is completed. My bobber wouldn't fit the posse. Paps

Comment

Rooster, Yeah, and being the photo whore that I am was caught without my camera.

Paps, You would fit right in with this crowd no matter what you rode in on. I’ll get a hold of you with the time and location of the next get together. No need to wait for your WLA to be finished. Swing by here and you can have your pick from my shed. The panhead is a little ill right now but I’m hoping to have it feeling better by next week for the ride to Wauseon. The weather has been way to nice to be wrenching in the garage. One good rainy day and the panhead should be ready to go again.
        ------------
        Steve
        AMCA #7300

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio-Rider View Post
          Thought I’d share a special moment I had last evening. I stopped by a local watering hole last night while out and about on the 45 and what a treat I was in for. As I’m pulling into the gravel parking lot I noticed at least two dozen vintage motorcycles all parked next to one another. Around here that in its self is pretty amazing. But what made it even more amazing is that each and every one of them had been ridden in. I thought I knew just about every vintage cycle and its owner with in twenty miles of here. I did know a few of the guys but the majority of them where complete strangers to me till last night.

There where Vincent’s, Triumphs, Harleys and a couple gorgeous Indians. Each and every one of them was immaculate. Not a beater in the crowd. Now let me get to the special moment part. There was a gentleman there with a 1925 JD that he had ridden fifteen miles to the get together. We got to talking over a few beers and he jokingly asked if I would mind if he could borrow my 45 to run home to get more money. So I jokingly replied sure if when he got back I could take his JD for a ride. I about fell over when he said that would be fine with him. I’ll tell you what, that seemed like an eternity waiting for him to return. I can now proudly claim to have ridden a 1925 JD. I don’t think this smile will ever leave my face. My Mrs. was pretty happy too cause when I got home I was feeling pretty frisky.

We’re all going to try and make a regular event of getting together once a month. Maybe neck time I’ll get to ride my first Indian. You meet the nicest people on vintage bikes.
          come to ny ohio i have a chief here that would love to break a HD guys cherry !
          1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Comment

I am honored Steve. Thanks Bro ! I will see ya at Wauseon !!! Beers on me ! Paps / Pa / Paul

Comment

Hey Chief, It won’t take much to bust that cherry, it’s been ripe for the picking for a long time
              ------------
              Steve
              AMCA #7300

Comment

Working...
              X