X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There we go fellas .... playin nice!

Comment

the vote

what ever hapened to freedom of speech!!!!!!

Comment

it don't exist when you use some one else media.you may stand in your front yard and spout away but you can't run in to a full movie theater and yell fire
        rob ronky #10507
        www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Being able to vote on things on this forum is a clever option and could be used to gauge opinion on other subjects

As an AMCA member I thought I would exercise my right to vote on this topic only to find that the poll is closed? Eric did you put a time limit on the poll when you set it up?

Pete Reeves 860

Comment

Yes it was end date 6th

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
              it don't exist when you use some one else media.you may stand in your front yard and spout away but you can't run in to a full movie theater and yell fire
              An off-topic post in a forum specified for 'chatter' is hardly yelling fire in a crowded theatre!

There are no guarantees of Freedom, nor Justice in the cyberworld, unless we stand up for them.

When protected by anonyminity, people will trash the rights of others for petty reasons in a heartbeat.

....Cotten
              AMCA #776
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Leave it the same

Howdy Chaps,

Not because of any resistance to change, rather, not wanting to dilute the focus of, or disinterest, posters who might otherwise be submitting superb vintage photos, history and technical knowledge within the limited timeframes their age demographics/interests incline them to spend on this forum... as opposed to wrenching in their shops, riding or engaging in other non-web related activities.

This forum is singly unique for the strength and quality of the three subject areas above and provides electronically a very accurate rendition of what occurs at swap meets where the largest spontaneous and sustained gatherings on the field are not for non m/c discussions, or on occassion rants, rather basically what's happening here with PLC. When the subjects begin to stray too far, not coincidentally, you'll likely see those with the most to contribute in these three topical areas vote with their feet and quietly wander away to pick where they left off elsewhere in a setting more relevant to their interests.
                Last edited by PRG; 07-07-2009, 10:26 AM.
                Cheerio,
                Peter
                1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Okay, so it is 'anominity' now instead of the archaic 'anonyminity'.
                  (I can de-volve and adapt.)

When people have "handles", or web personas for masks, they often spout contempt that would never come out,.. face to face.

Yet somehow, they miss the fact that the whole world literally sees their brains drool out through their fingertips.

The most positive rule for forum etiquette might just be that your AMCA number should be part of your signature.

In the meantime, if you click on something boring, don't whine,..
                  just click "BACK" and read another topic, s'il vous plait.

....Cotten
                  AMCA #776
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-07-2009, 02:09 PM.
                  AMCA #776
                  Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

s'il vous plait !!

Comment

maybe it's time we change our signature.a lot folks use their real names.i belive kevin ask for that last year when we had alot of spam. all of use are in the same boat here lets row together!
                      rob ronky #10507
                      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Originally posted by rwm View Post
                        maybe it's time we change our signature.a lot folks use their real names.i belive kevin ask for that last year when we had alot of spam. all of use are in the same boat here lets row together!
                        I for one do not want my name attached. If I take a picture of my bikes, do I want anyone out on the web seeing what I got and knowing my name? Couple that with a roster, and you possibly could become a target for thieves. Paranoid? Maybe, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Why don't all the whiners that don't like the non-motorcycle threads just not read them and quit bitching? Really.

Comment

NON-MOTORCYCLE TOPICS 20 32.79%
                          MOTORCYCLE TOPICS ONLY 41 67.21%
                          Voters: 61. This poll is closed
                          majority rules

Comment

You guys should really cruse this place. If you did you would see nothing new has been posted in a while. If it wasn’t for the parking lot and it’s off topic treads this place would just sit idle and boring.
                            AMCA #3149
                            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I think the period of time that the poll was run is too short to draw conclusions from.

Eric. Could you run the poll again but set the time period to vote for one month? The longer period would give a more accurate reflection of what the membership prefers.

Pete Reeves.860

Comment

maybe just leave well enough alone. parking lot chatter could cover a lot of things. if anything gets too far off either don't read it or don't read it. besides anything could be motorcycle related. I was parking my motorcycle in the garage and turned the lights on but blew a fuse and the electric panel was in the kitchen so to reset the fuse I had to get a candle out of the cabinet now when refinishing the cabinet should I go with oak or vivid black.

i know i'm not well but I have references to prove it
                                Moose
                                aka Glenn

Comment

Working...
                                X