Antique Motorcycle Drags July 11th Englishtown NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Motorcycle Drags July 11th Englishtown NJ

This is a Big Deal this week Lots of AMCA members from the Southern Chapters as well as the NY & NJ Chapters have already confirmed THEY WILL be there to drag.
    It is at Raceway park in Englishtown NJ. Sat. July 11th 5:00 PM, I have attended a few already & it is AWESOME!!!!!
    Live Bands, REAL ANTIQUE Bikes drag, Food, Bar, lots of cool OLDSCHOOL Hot Rods, email for info
    Thanks for looking Hope you can make it, If you want to ride a newer Bike to the event that's OK, but if you want to run down the strip you Must have a 65 or earler Scoot, HOW OFTEN DO YOU SEE THIS ?????
    Joe Oz

Now we're talking my language.

How's it work Joe? Do they race head to head or just against the clock? Do racers get in free?
    ------------
    Steve
    AMCA #7300

Comment

Hi Steve Here's How it works:

It is 12 dollars to attend, 6 for kids. OR If you wanna race, it is 20 beans which also covers the admission,This is to Cover the Insurance & Track Fees ect... endless amounts of runs. You can race your friends, your foes, other clubs, just show.... or make it go! Racers need helmet, leather gloves, leather jacket. If you have a real fast bike, you need leather pants and boots.

If you are not sure you wanna race, pay to get in... and you will get credit of 12 towards your 20 if you change your mind. Where else are they racing 1910 to 65 only? Do it!

Comment

Get ready people... best bunch of vintage bikes running on the 1/8th mile, anywhere! I hear from people that they are bringing multiple bikes, so you can plan on there being some serious stuff here. Lets ride! Lets race!

July 10th is an all bike film night on the big screen if you come into town early. Sat is the drags... show and go!

Plenty of parking for bikes that don't meet the pre 65 rule. All makes welcome! More info at motorspeedwaynj@yahoo.com

ahh, Some of the cool bike from the last few drags this year !!!!
        WHO'S GOING ?????

Comment

Hey Joe,
          2 questions........

Is this a yearly event? I can't make it this year but would try to make plans for it next year I wouldn't be racing but would love to be there to watch them run.

Will somebody PLEASE post some pictures
          Chuck
          AMCA Member#1848

Comment

Hi Chuck this is something that has been in the works for awhile now. My Buddy Mel was able to set it up at racewaypark thru the summer & then next year. This is the first run for these events he has been set up with the drags every other weekend thru the summer. Every Sat its live bands, Bench racing, Bar & antiques, as well as old motorcyle & hot rod movies, shown on a drive in screen, Sat. at 5:00 PM the strip is open & people show up to race their hot rods & Scoots, This Weekend on July 11th is Special because a lot of AMCA members from at least 4 chapters are coming in to show off their stuff so it will be MORE ANTIQUE Motorcycle than usual, so it should make for a fine event. I see no reason why this could not be a yearly or even a Monthly thing in the summer. The area that is designated for these events is right next to the track so everything is right there in front of you it gonna be wild. Hope that answered your question, & Hope to see ya there soon.

Comment

More Pictures From Past events !!!

The Bar The inside is decorated with Vintage Memorabilia (REAL **** !!!)

Comment

This weekend!

Don't miss pre 65 bikes on the strip... yup, 1910 to 1965 bikes on the drag strip! Watch em run!!! SHOW & GO!

We open at 10am this Saturday for the old time bike drags. Cars are welcome as always, all late model bikes and cars are welcome... we have plenty of room. We are going to be fixing up all the grounds so the place is more fun, and makes everyone feel at home. We are working on it... There will be a swap meet too... so bring your parts!!!

Any questions, you can always ask us at; motorspeedwaynj@yahoo.com

Support your local AMCA!!! Bring your kids... save them from this world, involve em!

Friday night: 8pm, Gate 4. Old bike films on the big screen... Lets swap chicks!

Movies on our Drive-in-movie screen after dark...bout 9 or 9:30.

Come to Gate 4!
                Adult Admission (including car registration) $12
                Kids 6-11 $5
                Kids under 6 get in free!
                Racing on Saturdays costs $20 and that includes admission and non stop racing

Comment

i went to the races sat wow what a big deal showed up at 6:30 pm and saw 8 drunks packing it up and going home wtf.
                  rob ronky #10507
                  www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

if you went at 630 most of the 6 volts bikes have to be home by sunset
                    Moose
                    aka Glenn

Comment

quess there was a lot of 6 volt bikes

rob ronky #10507
                      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Drags started at around 1:00 pm, a few had mech problems, & could'nt run we had a bunch of no shows but those that arrived DID have a GOOD Time here are some of the bikes from the drags that afternoon . RWM Sorry you got there after the drags Racewaypark changed times on this at the last minute I posted the gates open at 10:00 am to try to alert everyone guess you didn't see it. Hoepfully the next one will have more members & their bike to show & Race.
                        The day was beautiful, temp. was perfect I enjoyed my 50 min ride in & back
                        here are some photos

Comment

A few more pictures:

Talk about a RAT Bike this Knucklehead drag showed up with it's own RAT, It jump out & ran around the lot then off to the field !!!!!

Comment

Some more bike & onsite flat fixxin;

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X