Lacing HD star hub wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacing HD star hub wheels

The original knucklehead user's manual explains how to lace a star hub wheel. It says that star hub flange on brake drum side should be 1/4" from rim (on 18"' wheel). From what I understand this is an easy factory measurement to get the hub centered (from hub flanges).

The wheel I am lacing is a stepped hub and when I measured it flange to flange, it apperas to be slightly wider than later style hubs. With this in mind it seems 1/4" is not the way to go because then I would have 1/4" on one side and alot more on the other.

I get the feeling the wheel would be fine if the hub is centered (from hub flanges). Am I right?
    Eric
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Eric MATHIEU @ Beauty of Speed
    www.beautyofspeed.com
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The idea is not necessarily to center the rim on the hub but to center the rim in the chassis. That's why they reference the brake side flange. Otherwise the instructions would be to simply center the rim on the hub.
    Brian Howard AMCA#5866

Comment

Another Bingo ! You may have to offset your adjustments, in order to ontain chassi centerline specs, but the factory demensions are really quite accurate.

Comment

Working...
      X