Yankee Hebron July 31 and August 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankee Hebron July 31 and August 1

If a good old fashioned bike meet is what you want, please come out to Hebron CT for the Yankee Chapter meet Friday and Saturday July 31 and August 1.

At the Lion's Club Fairgrounds, Rt 85 Hebron, CT, about 2 miles from Rt 66. Same location for 19 years.

Here's the scoop:
    Ride in or tow in an antique bike for the display- admission is FREE! Note: No AMCA points judging this year.
    Vend antique cycle parts- admission is FREE- no preregistration required
    Drive or ride in to check out the show and swap- admission is $5.00 per car, $2.00 per bike
    Camp over night- $5.00 per person

Electric and water available in some spots. Big field with open spots, shady spots, covered spots. Toilets and showers on site- no charge. Lot's of friendly people, a 2 hour country ride Saturday moring at 10 am, free advice, a banquet, Sportsman's Club food sold all day.

We do make an annual award in memory of Joe Barber- a perpetual trophy made of a panhead engine that each recipient has added a part to over the years. This award winner is choosen by the panhead owners displaying on the field. You must be a Yankee member to vote and win, so join on site if you are not yet a member.

We also award the Giles Adams award in memory of a club member for a pre 1930 bike.

Questions? Give me a call. 603-458-5013 eastern 7 to 10 pm or email danmargolien@yahoo.com

Thanks!
    Dan
    Director, Yankee Chapter
    Last edited by DanM; 06-25-2009, 09:48 PM.
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Why no AMCA judging?
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

We did not get a national meet recognition, so to have the chief judge we need to pay his expenses to and from and at the meet, and we decided not to do that this year.

We'll need to look at having judging in 2010 since it seems to be an important part of the meet for many.

We replace that with some chapter awards for best paint, most unusual, etc.
      Dan Margolien
      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
      Www.yankeechapter.org
      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

I plan on riding there again this year. Last year I rode my 1948 "Crustoration" Panhead we did at Wheels Through Time and documented in American Iron Magazine a couple of years back. Bike ran great even though the ignition spiral and handgrip ejected on the 2 hour ride up to Hebron.
        Buzz Kanter
        Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
        [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
        [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

I was planning on riding in again myself. Last year i gave my buddy's "58pan" a jump off my "50" pan and in the process, smoked my battery. All the way back home, flames, popping, coughing, choking in the dark and not to mention the bike ran like poop as well.......

Baker, William, R......
          AMCA# 15164......"50" FL, "34" VLD....

Comment

Can't wait.
            Mark Evans
            Gloucester, Mass.

Comment

I couldn't ether last year until I drove 300 miles round trip to see two venders. The Lion club on the other hand makes a great egg sandwich. Never again!
              AMCA #3149
              http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                I couldn't ether last year until I drove 300 miles round trip to see two venders. The Lion club on the other hand makes a great egg sandwich. Never again!
                I was there last year as a vendor and every year that the meets been held and there was at least 20 vendors in 2008. I picked up some vincent parts as well as jd stuff ,you must have gotten there on sunday. the best day is friday this meet is small compared to oley and davenport .My round trip is a little over 2 1/2 hrs and that's nothing compared to driving to davenport (21+ hrs) but I still go

Comment

Sorry for the bump up.

Comment

Originally posted by bill campbell View Post
                    I was there last year as a vendor and every year that the meets been held and there was at least 20 vendors in 2008. I picked up some vincent parts as well as jd stuff ,you must have gotten there on sunday. the best day is friday this meet is small compared to oley and davenport .My round trip is a little over 2 1/2 hrs and that's nothing compared to driving to davenport (21+ hrs) but I still go
                    On Sunday, there were only a few of us left and no vendors after Saturday.
                    Mark Evans
                    Gloucester, Mass.

Comment

If the weather cooperates I am planning on riding up with a friend or two and this is an open invitation for anyone who wishes to join us on Friday morning.

We can meet somewhere north of Stamford, CT if anyone wants to ride along with me and Dean on a couple of Panheads.
                      Buzz Kanter
                      Classic-Harley.Info Classic Harley History
                      [Classic American Iron Forum Classic Harley Forum
                      [American Iron Magazine Harley Magazine

Comment

This Hebron Chapter Meet was just as big as the last National Meet was 2 years ago. Dan M. and all the peolple who worked with him to make the Meet what it was deserve a big THANKS! Jp

Comment

Hebron meet ! GREAT!!!!

I drove down friday morning before the skies opened up,vendors were setting up! I did not go last year but next year I will be there! Sure beats the high priced gate at some of the bigger meets! Hopefully next year it will grow again! GOOD JOB Yankee chapter!!!!!

Comment

Hebron, a good venue for a national meet

Drove down Friday morning and got the bike washed. Saturday was warm and sunny and the turnout was good, much better than last year. This was a national meet for years and should be restored to that status. The club does not need to sell it's soul to the management of the fairground to procure the space. There is ample room and a friendly pro vendor enviorment. Let the carnival stay at Rhinebeck and bring the soul and fun of the meet back to Hebron
                            Larry

Comment

I agree with you. I spent more money and found more stuff at Hebron with 2 dozen vendors than I did at Rhinebeck. No rules and regulations about when you get in and when you leave. Pick a spot and set your stuff up with no bs.

Comment

Working...
                              X