X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Original Paint ?

Check this out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALL-O...7%7C240%3A1318

Quite amazing if genuine, but then i pondered why someone would in 48 would never use their new bike/store it so well too

Bonneville spec motor, not mentioned in ad is at a H-D dealer tho!
    Last edited by Greg H; 06-22-2009, 05:21 AM. Reason: more comment

I doubt it.

I'd be very surprised to be told that's an original factory paint job Greg.
    After Dupont sold the company, only solid paint jobs could be ordered from the factory as far as I'm aware.
    The leather on the inner side of the seat looks way younger than 60 years to me.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.
    Last edited by Baytown; 06-22-2009, 05:51 AM.
    Ken Kemp
    Nth Queensland
    AUSTRALIA
    Member # 8756

47 Chief
    2006 BMW K1200S
    Getting seriously interested in Vincent
    2010 Can Am Spyder RSS (The Wife made me do it!)
    SYM 125 Scooter

Comment

Ken , Yes hard to believe, somehow 48miles only on a 48 H`mm

Comment

nice restored bike

Comment

Wow that looks "TO Good to be good" I was looking at the photos & was wondering if the factory would have installed the lock on the tool box & then painted it Yellow??? maybe someone here would know if that was how it was done. A picture of the original title could prove their claim. I don't beleive it's original

Comment

the motor number has "BM"(Bonniville Mag) after it BUT it is Battery ign.
            and it says it is an 80
            Kevin Valentine 13
            EX-Chief Judge

Comment

Like daddy always used to say,"If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is."
              Pete Cole AMCA #14441
              1947 Indian Chief

Comment

i always thought stock factory chiefs were a right hand shift!????

Comment

that motorcycle is about as original as the story they are trying to peddle with it. i bet it wouldn't take too much research with club members to find out who restored it and who painted it too

Comment

So it was stored in an air conditioned bubble for 30 years. What was it stored in for the first 31 years? This is a real nice 48, as Tom Faber said, a nicely restored '48. This is a bike that anyone would be proud of and is certainly worth the money it's bid to thus far but why do they have to shovel on the B.S. I'll bet the seller used to be a mortgage broker.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

what an insult to our collective intelligence. that gaudy paint job looks like it was applied by the local Corvette restorer and what a crappy looking saddle. aren't there any laws governing truth in advertising or is it always buyer beware?

Comment

it is a nice restored '48, and just from a fast look, the paint, the fender light, aircleaner, and tool box are wrong......

just my .02 worth......
                        CHIEFJ48
                        MEMBER #2786

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU MAY BE THE WORLD.

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY

Comment

you guys all have it wrong, I actually sold him the solar powered air conditioned bubble he used to store the bike in. It even had an ozone humidification adjuster and earthquake resistance sensor to make the whole bubble float in the air during the pendency of an earthquake. It is absolutely the real deal.

Comment

i didn't know they had solar powered air conditioned bubbles in 1948-----or was it put in the bubble in 1979?? i don't think any one here has ever said a word about the bubble part of the story. question is who blew the indian not who blew the bubble!!!!

Comment

Hey parkerize, can you make me one of your bubbles? I really like the earthquake feature, even though we don't have earthquakes in Florida, it's always good to be prepared. By the way, does anyone know what the remarkable '48 Chief sold for. I didn't see it on ebay when I looked last night.
                              Eric Smith
                              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                              X