bad show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad show

hey guys , a buddy of mine entered his 41 45 "er in a local bike show . it turns out a disgruntled employee of his waited till 'lights out" and then proceded to knife up his original unmolested seat and pan! my bud has witnesses and such but the local cops wanna know the value of the seat . any ballpark numbers out there ? thanks in advance , tom
    1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Before any valuation more info is needed. Was the seat original to '41? Solo or Buddy? Standard or Deluxe? Harley or Indian? You got to help us out if you need real info!
    Robbie
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

He said umolested original ....... How about the hide on his ass !!!! Cash value is secondary. Punishment...less cash value....a cannon fuse 8 inches into his manhood, five inches exposed.... cigarette as iginition ! Light....sit back and let the scumbag pay !

Comment

Paps,
        As much as I agree with the sentiment it still doesn't help Cheifrider get his valuation. And the term "unmolested original" without a picture means zilch. Look at all the "unmolested original" crap for sale on eBay every day. "gee, the previous owner told me that '49 ULs came stock with a chrome springer and apehangers"
        Pictures are what we need.
        The vengeance portion is up to Chiefrider and his crew.
        Robbie
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

sorry guys it was a little late when i last posted .the seat was a moderatly worn standard solo from a 41 hd 45 , thanks again . tom
          ps i cant give pics right now as the police have the seat
          1946 chief 1948 chief 1948 wl 1950wl 1941ulwith sidecar 47 chief(in the works)65bsa

Comment

45 restoration has a basic solo seat for $189.00
            Denise

Comment

Originally posted by cheifrider View Post
              ps i cant give pics right now as the police have the seat
              He probably meant a before photo. ...bill
              Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by servicardenise View Post
                45 restoration has a basic solo seat for $189.00
                Denise
                45 Restoration repop seats are not even a close indicator of an original seat! They are junk you can tell a mile away!!!!

I have seen orig solo standard seats break the 1k mark.

Comment

You must know better than I do. I just thought I was helping with a price for a repop. sorry

Comment

Thanks for the post and establishing a reference, Denise
                    William McClean
                    AMCA # 60

Comment

I feel bad for your friend Chiefrider. Hurting a man's bike just ain't right. The pettiness and childish behavior of adults never ceases to amaze me. I remember reading about a bad scene at a Corvette club gathering. A repeat "best of show" winner got beat out by a new member whose 'Vette was just a nicer car. The disgruntled loser got so upset he threw a lawn chair at the winning car which gouged and scratched the finish. That's certainly not as bad as going nuts with a gun but it ruined that club and ended any future judging. Our club judges the motorcycle against itself and not against the bike next to it. Good system.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Ditto Eric...especially about our club ! Paps

Comment

Thanks Eric, Thats worth repeating.

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                          Our club judges the motorcycle against itself and not against the bike next to it. Good system.
                          Back to topic .... This act is clearly a felony in excess of $700. which around here could get you put in the penalty box for a bit. At the first hearing, request the judge to return the seat to its owner.
                          Last edited by Ohio-Rider; 06-11-2009, 04:52 PM.
                          ------------
                          Steve
                          AMCA #7300

Comment

Knock him out

What ever the court awards him it won't be enough. Drop the charges, buy him a few beers, and wait till he has to go to the restroom.
                            Ride 'em. Don't hide 'em.
                            Dan #6938 FUBO

Comment

Another reference for the seat's value would be the cost to restore one.

Perhaps the leather professionals on this forum could provide estimates that would help with the claim.

...Cotten
                              AMCA #776
                              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                              X